slide show

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

No 1st day jitters here!


Yesterday was the first day of school, and it went off without a hitch!
Except the kids woke up at 5:30 raring to go! And I accidentally left a good chunk of their school supplies in the car. And we couldn't find last year's water bottles. But aside from that it went very well with no tears, well except the ones that were starting to well up in my own eyes as I left Ru in his classroom
And of course I started day one with all 4 kids making their own lunches. This is still one of the very best things I ever did, and it helped me knowing Ru had foods that he picked out himself, apple slices, strawberries, peanut butter and Nutella sandwich and an Oreo cookie. He was so excited to buy strawberry mild at school! And his lunchbox came back totally empty!
As you can see, Ru is taking this education stuff very seriously even if it's only a coloring project the 1st 5 minutes of class. He had the biggest smile when I met him when school was over. His teacher sent me a wonderful text that the day was equally as good on her end too. Actually all the kids, Boo included who refused to get his picture taken for the first day of high school, reported a wonderful 1st day.

1 day down!
179 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Love the smiles! So happy the 1st day went well.....especially for Ru!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011