slide show

Friday, July 21, 2017

Family Faves {Chicken Curry Salad}


I wish I had a photo for this one.
I don't.
Because they ate it so fast there was no time to take one!

There are a few recipes that I only make in the summer. Fried chicken tenders made the ol' fashioned way with buttermilk and a deep frier. My grandmother, Mimi's seafood pasta salad. And this one. I'm not sure why I only make them in the summer, except for the fact that they are quintessential summer foods. But it has become a tradition that we all really look forward to. A food that symbolizes all the wonderfulness that summer is for us.

Food is one of my love language for sure. It's one of the ways I tell my family how much I love them. Tooting my own horn, I really am a good cook, and I like to prepare foods that my family enjoys eating and brings us together. This yummy summer salad definitely does that.

But like I said, there isn't a single photo of this one because by the time I sat down most of it was consumed. Even Ru, who has been pretty picky so far with new foods and who can blame him for that, had a 2nd serving! So instead here's a picture of the little ones eating dinner on the front porch of the cabin, green AstroTurf and all, and let's just pretend it's chicken curried salad, 'kay?

Ingredients for Chicken Curry Salad:

4 c (or about 4 breasts) of chicken - cooked and diced
1 20 oz can of pineapple chunks - WELL drained
1 c. celery diced
1 11oz can of Mandarin oranges - WELL drained
1 4 oz bag of almonds - slivered
1 8 oz can of water chestnuts - WELL drained
1/2 c green peppers - diced
2 T grated onion
1 1/2 c red grapes - cut in halves
1 3-ish oz can black olives - sliced and WELL drained

Dressing: 
1 c mayonnaise
1 T mustard
1 T curry powder
4 T chutney

1 bag of dried chow men noodles

Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Drain canned ingredients WELL and mix all in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top, mix together and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.  Serve over a handful of dried chow mien noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011