slide show

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Crazy 10?


Oh yeah, baby!

Let's just cut to the chase... this family is moving on it's it's journey of growth and change, and we are officially going to become the Crazy 10!
See that ginormous pile of papers? That's our China adoption dossier. After this, we did finish all the paperwork, but when it was done, it sat on my desk for a long while. Literally, this precious pile of papers sat on my desk and gathered dust. We weren't sure what to do with it. We weren't sure if we should adopt and if we should who. Little ones who are available for China special-needs adoption are listed on the www and advocated for in a myriad of ways. I saw them over and over, but just didn't know if one of them was meant to be ours. We had a variety of special needs that we felt comfortable with but figuring out if we should pursue adopting one of these kiddos wasn't clear. It wasn't clear at all.
And then...
one day...
I saw him.
And it was him!
I cannot tell you specifically what it was about him that made me know it was him. But it was. And in reality I didn't know for a long while that this child was the one. But I did know that from the very first moment that I saw him, that I just could not get him out of my thoughts. Or my heart. He was a part of me from the very first moment I laid eyes on him. As the days passed, his photo showed up in my dreams, and he was in the forefront of my thoughts much of my days. He was within our age parameters, but his special need wasn't something that we really knew anything about, and even after (trying to) research his rare medical condition with a lifetime of unknowns, we still didn't know if this little dude was the little dude that was suppose to be our son.

Then we took this trip, and it provided a lot of much needed time for Papa and I to talk. And something happened. It just became clear. This little one was the one!

I really don't know how to say it. Most of the time, it's just too profound for me to find adequate words to explain it all. It's so big. It's more than me or Papa, and more than any cause that we believe in. Added together, it's more than the sum of each of us in this family. It's a life, a life half way around the world that needs to know his forever, and we're ridiculously crazy excited to give it to him.

I feel like there's so much I should say, (and I will! I have so very much to share, like his picture, where he is and how amazing and cute he is.) But for now, the big thing I want to say is that it's official! We're adopting again! We are adding a son to this crazy wonderful family of ours! We have been matched with a child halfway across the world in China, and we can hardly wait to show him what his forever looks like.

To be continued...

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! We're so excited too and excited to share more of his story, but we have to wait to share more. Soon though!

      Delete
  2. congrats!!! (kelli, the picasso mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!!! congratulations crazy 10!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you! Blessings on your upcoming journey to grow your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Nancy. Looking forward to seeing his photo. Jude will certainly enjoy having a younger (?) brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is younger then, Jude. It was pretty important to us that we not disrupt that role for Jude. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Fifteen grandkids and counting! Can't wait to see his face and share your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sqeeeeeeee! I am so excited for you ALL! On pins and needles to learn more and see pix of your sweet newest boy. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011