slide show

Sunday, November 13, 2016

3+1=A whole new adventure!


I needed a picture of the 3 little ones for something special. I mean I had a photo of the 3 youngest children, but it was kinda dated. And I had this one, but... it's... well... it's kinda scary in a crazy way. So one morning before school I hurried them outside before we got in the car for school and told them to sit down for a quick picture. That's when Mimi held her arm out like she is doing in the below picture. I couldn't figure out what she was doing, or why she was doing it.

Mom:  Mimi, put you arm in, okay?
Mimi:  But mom, I'm putting my arm around my new brother!
And right then and there my heart melted a little bit more. She's already incorporating her new brother into her family!

The littles are excited to have a new brother. But they are also unsure of how that will actually play itself out. These 3 are as thick as thieves, and keeping it real, I'm not sure how a new little person will fit into their little pack. I know these wonderfully-made children really have little to no idea what is to come with the adoption on their new brother. Heck, we don't even know what is to come! But for now, they are embracing the idea of their new brother with joy and open hearts... and literally with their open arms. And that's a great start! It's our job to prepare them for the reality of what may come... something that does not involve an easy journey for us or for them but ends with redemption and an amazing heart. We take that job very seriously, but we're sure that this is the right thing to do and committed to doing everything in our power to prepare all ourselves and our children for this new adoption journey.
So why did I need a new photos of these 3 loves? Well I needed it to send to our new little dude! (Who still does not have a name, although this name discussion is ongoing every day in the crazy house!) Probably today or tomorrow he's being told that he has a forever family waiting for him and shown the family pictures I sent over... including this very picture of his new brothers and sisters. And that's pretty huge in my book!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for y'all!!!!!!! How old is he???? What agency are y'all using?? I'd soooooo love to adopt again!! We gave one domestic adoption and one China adoption. ❤️❤️

    His
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of the 3 musketeers, and soon to be the awesome FOURsome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011