slide show

Monday, August 15, 2016

Birthday Interview: Jude at 9

Jude is the first in our crazy birthday blitzkrieg season. I thought we'd have an interview with all the birthday kiddos as their birthdays come.
What did you pick for your birthday dinner this year? I actually picked birthday lunch this year, and I picked a restaurant... the baseball stadium, and I had a corn dog. And cotton candy. And root beer. And another corn dog. And coke. Then when I came home I got ice cream cupcakes that mommy made for me! 

What's you favorite color? Blue. Actually all colors 'cause they are all beautiful! 

What's your favorite food? I don't have have a favorite food. I like all foods. Except hot sauce. Well I like most food. 

If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go? I'd go to Vietnam because that's where I'm from, and I'd see if I could find my Vietnam mom. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know yet, but I think I want to be a baseball player because I love baseball. It's fun like when I play catch and when I go to the batting cages to practice. My dad took me to 2 Diamondbacks games this year!

What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years? In 10 years I think I will be asking for a lot of stuff like my big brothers do. Like a computer and cell phone. I will be 19 years old so I'll be driving to work. I might worry about getting pulled over when I'm 19. Sometimes people get tickets and have to pay lots of money. Or if you are doing something really wrong then you have to go to jail. That makes me scared. Sometimes when you're 19 you move out, but I don't ever want to move out of my house because I want to be with my mom! 'Cause I love her very much! But maybe when your older then 19 I'll want to move away. 
Tell me about yourself, Jude: I am brown, a little brown and my eyes are almond shaped. And my eye color is brown and a little black. And I might have crazy teeth, like shark teeth because I can't pull them out, instead I just let them come out. I am little. Some people think I'm a 5 years old because I'm Asian and some Asian people are small like me. But I'm not. I'm 9 years old! I am funny because I make other people laugh. I make my sisters laugh a lot! I'm silly, and I'm a great brother. I try to be the best person I can be. 

What was the best thing that happened when you were 8 years old? Going to St Louis, somewhere I hadn't gone before, was the best thing that happened this year 'cause I was just with Mommy, and we had fun together. Spending my time with Mommy when we went and got ice cream, and went to the zoo. The penguins were stinky but cool! I got to ride in an airplane so many times! It was fun. They let me come up to the front of the plane and sit in the cock pit. I got to have gum, and I got to play on my tablet a lot! I was scared about the surgery, but I made it all the way through it and then it was done! I even made a friend at the St Louis hospital! And when I came home, I loved seeing everybody. The wheel chair was pretty cool. For Halloween my sissy made it into a boat, and I was a pirate! But I couldn't trick-or-treat very well like places with stairs. 

What was the worst thing about being 8 years old? Surgery was the worst thing about being 8 years old. It was really scary, and I couldn't walk. I don't remember why I was scared, except that surgery scared me. There was people talking to me and the doctor wrote on my foot where to cut me. A person talked to me about what was going to happen and stuff like that. It made me feel even more scared. I remember looking out the window, and we went to the gift shop, and I barely ate anything. I remember seeing my mom after the surgery talking to a nurse. 
Yeah, I was crying a wee bit by the time I was done typing his dictation. The Vietnam comment just got me. This kiddo is starting some serious dialogue about wanting to find his first family. And the pics show his crazy shark teeth on top. He's such an amazing boy, and I'm so crazy lucky to call him my son!

5 comments:

  1. Crazy how surgery and going to St.louis are so tightly woven together as the good and bad. Made a sad that he was scared about his surgery. My Roman keeps asking about his next surgery, but we don't have any idea about that will be. He is the cutest. Happy Birthday Jude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, right?! How St Louis and the whole surgery was both the best and the worst. I'm glad we were able to make it a good thing too in his eyes in hindsight. That was one of our goals. He is an amazing boy!

      Delete
  2. This was so sweet! I could tell how much he loves his mommy. Also, I'm from St. Louis and the penguins at the zoo are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so sweet.....it was you!! His mommy is what made the worst part of his year also the very best....just you. I love that so much! Happy birthday sweet Jude!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011