slide show

Monday, May 9, 2016

Star Student {Julie Gainey}


Before I introduce my amazing Star Student, I do want to remind that registration for the next Manual 'n More class is underway. Class starts in 2 weeks and I anticipate that this class like all the others, will fill up too, so don't wait too long to register. Go here to learn more and here to actually register. 

So now let me tell you about this amazing lady! 'Cause I love love love to share with you how amazing my students are and show them off! 


Julie was one of my very first students. Even before I started offering classes, she and I did one on one mentoring. Like a lot of other moms, she has two amazingly beautiful children, (Actually when we started together she only had one.) that she wanted to capture some beautiful photos of so that was our original goal. 
In the couple years since we first met online, not only have her photography skills grown, but she has now moved to Kenya with her family on mission work.. amazingly beautiful Kenya with it's amazingly beautiful people.
And now I find myself so blessed to have students on 4 continents. And I get to see Julie's world all the way in Kenya, through her personal blog from another continent! I find myself drooling over the images she shares, the people she meets, the things she encounters... Julie and her husband are boots on the ground, making a difference. And the world is a better place because of that. 
Julie's crazy awesome skills combined with the beautiful scenery of where she lives makes you feel like you are getting to look over her shoulder into her world. 
From Julie, 

Nancy is the most encouraging teacher I've ever had in all of my years of schooling. She doesn't mind answering questions, almost daily, and she didn't mind explaining things until I actually got them!  

Photography online seem intimidating, until you take a class from Nancy.  I would recommend her to anyone remotely interested in learning more about their camera and shooting in manual.  It has become such an outlet in my life.  

Thanks, Nancy!


I'm so grateful to have taken her classes.

Julie, thank you so much for letting me have the honor of working with you in your photography journey, and thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us! It has is truly my pleasure to see your photography stretch and grow. I can't wait to see more from all the way over on the other side of the world!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing Julie's photos! Julie and I met in Kenya 12 years ago when my husband was at the hospital where Julie and her husband work! Her photos always bring a flood of memories of our time there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly are an inspiring family! I so admire people who are "boots on the ground" type of folks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011