slide show

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mother's Day kindergarten style


2 weeks later, and I'm just now starting to feel like myself. Jet lag from Asia always kicks my bum hard when I return home. Not so much on the trip over, but coming home is HARD! especially when I'm doing regular ol' mom duties like car pool, packing lunches, playing tooth fairy... And for some reason I'm always shocked when it does. A couple days ago I actually fell asleep in the parking lot of the doctor's office when I decided I should just rest my eye just a little bit. 20 minutes later I was late for my appointment. But I think I'm on the mend because this morning I actually brushed my hair! I know... crazy! But I did, and then I even put on some mascara and am feeling kinda normal again. So lest I forget next time, someone remind me that it take a full 2 weeks to recover from jet lag!
And my extra incentive for being remotely presentable was that I had a special date with a special kindergartener!
And I'm feeling like the luckiest mama in the world to get to be her mom!
Look how she's turning into all legs these last several months! Don't get me wrong, she's not tall by any means. At a whopping 35 lbs, she's still petite as ever and always will be. But it does seem like she's lost all her baby fat now. That makes me so sad!

And if you look very closely, you'll see that Mimi has lost her first tooth! Stop growing up I tell you! After discovering it was loose one morning, she wiggled it and giggled it and cried so sadly fearing it was never ever going to come out. We explained that sometimes these things take time, like more than 1 day certainly. She had it out that night.
Happy Mother's Day all you sweet mamas! Squeeze 'em tight and treasure the moments! And be sure to pass off the camera as often as possible so your children have photos of you with them too!

And one more thing, registration for the next Manual 'n More class is underway. This is the beginning class that starts off the whole photography journey! (Or if you feel like there are some holes in your photography skills this is a great class to fill them up.) Class starts in 2 weeks, and I anticipate that this class like all the others, will fill up too, so don't wait too long to register. Go here to learn more and here to actually register.

4 comments:

  1. Good to have you back, and on the blog! I can't even bear Mimi's sweet face and how she's looking at you, her Mama, so happy to have you there and proud that you're her mom, in these photos. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back and recovered from the jet lag. Typically, allow a day for every hour difference to return to normal - (if there is a 12-hr difference, may take approximately 12 days to recover). Melatonin also helps speed up the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But she still wrinkles her nose when she smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011