slide show

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Goodbye China and the Yichun SWI


My last orphanage... for now.
I'm likely traveling home by the time you read this.
It's going to take a while to process this trip. All the days have been full, but some days are heavier than other. And some days have been so heavy for a myriad of reasons. I'll need some time not only to recuperate from jet lag but also for prayer and processing.
Many many thanks to the amazing Martha Osborn for giving my a kick in the pants when I needed it. I needed it. To my sweet friend Erin for thinking of me for this trip. For Darla, Mai, Keely and the other Nancy for being the boots on the ground with the incredible care they give these beautiful children and their hearts of gold. To Gong Zhan and our interpreters who made it all possible. To the advocates on the first half of the trip who will now take action and help find some forever families for these amazing little ones. I was truly honored to be in such company.

I am changed.

I'll leave you with my last day with come of the wonderfully-made children in the Yichun Social Welfare Institute in Yichun, Jiangxi, China, where not even measles and influenza stopped us! (thus the masks)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully-made children indeed! Thanks for letting us see them through your eyes and camera lens. What a joy that you got to be there but I can only imagine what it did to your heart. Prayers for Godspeed home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011