slide show

Monday, March 28, 2016

I'm missing. I'm dreaming.


It seems lately that I've been a day late and a dollar short on everything these days. I'm not even sure why. It just seems like the fridge is usually empty and my to-do list doesn't get as many things checked off as I had hoped. Please tell me you know what I mean. And it's always this time of year that I start dreaming of summer, and missing Little Cabin in the Woods specifically. 
I'm dreaming of summer in our little slice of paradise, with it's long days, sunshine and extra daylight hours for the children to play outside, getting dirty and scratched and splinters... the stuff childhood is made of. 
I'm dreaming of summer thunderstorms and reading a book on my front porch with a blanket wrapped around me. 
I'm dreaming of the foods our family only eats in the summer, salted peanuts in the shell, Grandma's shrimp salad, fried chicken.
I'm dreaming of extra time with family and walks through the forest while picking wild flowers. 

Hang on Little Cabin in the Woods! 
Coming June 2016!

3 comments:

  1. Yes. God, family, work, a little relaxing, not much extra getting done. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel like sharing the recipe for that shrimp salad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh there isn't really a recipe per say. Just dumping things in a bowl. Maybe it's one I can figure out the recipe and post it in it's own blog post this summer! Good idea, Ren!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011