slide show

Monday, February 22, 2016

Star Student (Tyrie Mehaffey of Tyrie Mehaffey Photography)


I'd like to introduce you to Tyrie! 
2-3 years ago I got an  inquiry email from a mom that wanted to know if her daughter could take my photography class. Tyrie was 13 years old at the time and had an interest in photography and wanted to take my photography class. We emailed back and forth a bit and decided that she'd be a wonderful student! (In hind sight, boy was she!) You see most of the students are moms. But not all of them. Some are single folks, some grandmas, some are even men. And some are teenagers, like Tyrie! And let me tell you, young students have become some of my very favorite! You see, sometimes teenagers are the most successful because they already know how to be students! They know how to read lessons, and be vulnerable by asking questions. Teenage students already know that they need to do the optional assignments and practice to get better. And it's for these reasons that very often my youngest students are the most successful and become amazing photographers. Like Tyrie! 
A little over two years ago, I started taking classes from Nancy. Now I am one of the biggest fans of her photography classes, because they really, truly are the best photography classes out there. She is an extremely gifted and phenomenal teacher. For many, photography can be an overwhelming and daunting subject to learn. Nancy takes your hand makes it so much fun and so easy. Her teaching style is very straightforward, I just can’t get enough of it! Nancy is a fun, awesome person to learn photography from!   ~Tyrie
Tyrie Mehaffey, who is now 16 years old, and not just a fabulous photographer, but a beautiful as you can see, and wonderful young woman on the inside to boot! I finally go to meet her a few weeks ago in San Diego when I hosted a photography workshop. I even had the privilege of snapping some pics of her! And she was amazing! 

Her family photography exudes fun and joy, just like Tyrie herself. Here is some of Tyrie's work. 
Tyrie is located in the Chicago area, and if you're looking for a fabulous family photographer, please contact her. Here website is HERE.

Tyrie, I am so proud of you, the photographer you've become, and more importantly the young woman you are. You make me want to push myself to be a better me. Thank you for being not just my student, but my friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011