slide show

Thursday, February 11, 2016

I want to remember the mundane


I know that many of the things that are the hardest, the daily minutia of being a mom, are going to be the things I miss the most.

The laundry pile a size of a baseball stadium.
The always missing tape and scissors.
The getting up in the middle of the night.
The endless carpool duties.

And the trips to the grocery with kids in tow.
As Sunny Father Time have taught me, all too quickly time passes, and one day very soon, I'll find the Crazy House void of shrieking children and full of quiet. Everything will be put in its place, and there won't be little piles of sand here and there. My hairbrush will be in it's drawer, and even a carton of ice cream will have a shelf life longer than a couple hours. My car won't smell like dirty socks, my printer won't randomly spurt out pictures of pandas when the jam is cleared, and I'll be able to hear the dialog on tv. And I'll miss all these little things that were evidence of a full crazy house full of love.

Well maybe not the laundry so much. I really cannot image missing that.

1 comment:

  1. It is the small things sometimes that have so much more meaning the the large events. Celebrate it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly but without all the good has no meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011