slide show

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Our big Boo


I know the little ones are disproportionately represented here. In my own defense, the littles are easier to capture with my camera, and they still agree to an M'nM bribe for a photo.

So I wanted to take a moment to share with you about one of the bigs. The one smack dab in the middle of the 7 kiddos. The baby of the bigs. Although he's hardly a baby anymore. Very recently, Boo uncharacteristically agreed to let me take his picture, as long as I was quick about it. So I did. And I'm so happy to have a more current photo of him. And yes, we do call him Boo, even now.

I was 42 weeks pregnant in this photo and only hours away from giving birth to a 10lb baby without any pain relief in a very loud 45-minute labor. If only I had known, I may not have had that smile on my face. Or maybe I would have because 42 weeks is a LONG time to be pregnant and it was almost over.
And I can't go past that photo without commenting on my little girls about to become big sisters, again. I'm pretty sure they were just that young yesterday. And evidently pure white shoes were all the rage. Now they're both nursing students and quickly cleaving (or completely cleft already) from the nest.
We jokingly called him the big-headed baby. Yes, I can attest to that. As a baby his head seemed to be disproportionately to the rest of him. And still remains ginormous.
He's my cuddle bug. He's sensitive. He appreciates my cooking more than anyone else in the family and tells me so. He's the Man Child's biggest fan. He's built like an athlete, but would rather be in the band. He enjoys a glass of cold milk after school each day. He'll play Qwirkle with anyone that will sit still long enough to play. He's my movie buddy, and he's a a pretty good looking Boy Scout if I don't say so myself.
Like his oldest sister, his farsightedness is getting worse the older he gets. He recently started using contacts, and I was reminded what an amazing hazel-grey-gold color his eyes are... the same color as his hair. I'm not sure how he's going to say that on his driver's license. His favorite food is... anything.  His favorite cookies are snicker doodles. He'll eat us all out of house and home if I don't keep up on the grocery shopping. He's a 5'10", 13 year old, 7th grader with a size 12 shoe... and growing like a weed.
He likes to throw shot putt on the middle-school track team. If not cut short, he's sporting an Afro. There's not a curl on either Papa or me, but Boo's hair just got curlier and curlier the older he got. He'd rather play video games than do homework, so occasionally he needs to be prodded. He has yet to get a cell phone, but not from a lack of asking. He seems to genuinely enjoy arguing. He wants to be an engineer and live in a small town. I'm pretty sure he can do whatever he puts his mind to. 
And for right now at least, he's mine. My baby. I know first hand how quickly they grow... and leave.

But I'm not going to think about that right now. Right now he's still here, and I'm going to try to cherish every moment with him. And go to the movies more often.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011