slide show

Friday, November 20, 2015

Ordinary Miracles Star Student {Dana Ball of Dana Ball Photography}


Are you ready for the first Star Student? I am so excited to show off some crazy amazing talent with y'all!

Dana contacted me several years ago.
She had a camera.
She had 4 gorgeous children.
She knew her camera could take great pictures, but she just didn't know how to make that happen. So we started emailing each other, talking about photography classes and equipment, and Dana enrolled in my Manual 'n More photography class, the one I recommend folks take first. Over the next year or so I watched Dana practice and practice and practice and absorb all I could pour into her. Needless to say with her boundless enthusiasm, her skills took off! One think I gotta say about Dana is that she is always thinking about how to make herself a better photographer and even though sh'es already rockin' her skills, she continues to ask wonderful questions and keeps practicing! With those two character traits, I knew she was going to be an amazing photographer even from the very beginning! I think Dana discovered along the way that she's especially drawn capturing images of older kiddos and families. And I gotta say, I was right! Dana has become an AMAZING photographer! Recently she's been shooting a lot of seniors and families working on building up her portfolio.
Here are a few words from Dana...
“What kinds of camera do you use?” As my photography skills have grown, I get asked that question a lot. I usually steer my friend away from a new camera purchase and instead, I encourage them to take Nancy’s Manual ‘N More class. Nancy’s class gave me the skills to take my camera off auto mode and create beautiful, artistic images by shooting in manual. And the online format was perfect for me because I could work on the class any time of the day or night. One thing that sets Nancy’s classes apart is that she gives you detailed personal feedback on every assignment. And I love her heart – she will get as excited over that perfect shot of your babies as you do! I’ve taken 3 more classes from Nancy, and each one really pushed my art to a new level. ~Dana

Dana and I got to meet up at a photography conference last year, and we finally got to hug and talk shop. She's just as lovely in person as I thought she'd be! And I'm hoping that we'll get to meet up again soon!  

If you're in the Orlando area, you can look her up. I know you'll love the photos she creates!
Here's a link to the Dana Ball Photography web site, just in case you live in her neck of the woods. Watching her learn, find her passion and hone her skills, has been such a thrill for me. This is one of the reasons I love to teach photography after all!

A list of all the classes I offer is here, and the very first class Dana took that she mentioned is here. This class was designed for very beginning photographers who want to learn how to use their camera like Dana did on that first day she emailed me, or intermediate photographers that want to solidify their foundation and basic photography skills like exposure, focus and lighting.

Thank you, Dana, for making my job so fun! It has been pure joy for me to not only have you as a student but watch you grow your photography skills! I cannot wait to see what you do next! 

2 comments:

  1. I love Dana's pictures! She is super talented! What I've learned to know her online through your classes and Photo Club she's sweet, always ready to help and encourage other's onwards. I would love to meet her one day. I'm sure we'll be heading to Orlando area again one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I forgot to say that part.. she IS always ready to help and encourage others! Thank you for adding that part, Ina!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011