slide show

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Clubfoot Relapse Treatment - Part 3


Part I and II 
Three weeks and 3 casts later, I'm very very happy to report that Jude's treatment is going well. Our sensitive little guy, who was initially scared to get treatment again and go 1,500+ miles to see a new doctor and staff he didn't know, isn't so scared anymore! And in addition to Dr. Dobbs himself being amazing, his staff has been nothing less then phenomenal too! They are so gentle and kind with him, and let me tell you that picking the cast colors out each week is the best thing ever! Lucky for us they have about 12 colors to choose from!

First they remove the last week's cast.
The saw is loud, but once Jude got past the noise, he discovered that surprisingly getting the casts removed each week tickles!
And then he gets to touch his feet for the first time in a while. His feet are stiff when they come out of the casts and a bit painful to move. Then I wash his legs and feet down with a wet towel because who knew, but he gets quite dirty under the casts. I didn't even know that was possible but it happens and I'm happy to do my mama duty and clean him up while I have a chance.

Jude picks out the color, and then Dr. Dobbs works his magic and he's re-casted again.
What color did he pick out this time?
Highlighter yellow!
We are surely not going to lose him in the dark!

Then Jude and I quickly head to the Metro that takes us to the airport so we can get home. We've got it down to a fine science at this point, this getting to and from St. Louis.

Next week is surgery. We'll be in St. Louis a bit longer next time.
Thank you so much for all your prayers and well wishes!

Click here for part 4

4 comments:

  1. Jude is rockin' the neon (and the wheelchair)! Good going, Mama. You've got to be tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's really doing great in the wheel chair! He know how to maneuver that thing around like a pro!

      Delete
  2. I bet those got dirty. When Katie had serial casting, I picked pink once, and it got so filthy! Of course, Katie only had one leg at the time, so she was on the floor a lot more than Jude is, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought too, but it wasn't bad since he's only in them 1 week before they put new ones on, and he's not crawling at all.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011