slide show

Friday, October 2, 2015

ON


Did I forget to tell you we celebrated Tess's birthday? Ya, I forgot to tell you about a several birthdays recently. Let's just pretend this is late August, shall we? 

So I set out to snap some sweet cute birthday pictures of Tess, and this is what I ended up with.
Definitely cute and very Tess, but not actually what I had in mind. This girl is so full of life that this is what you get with her most of the time.
ON
She wakes up ON, and lives her life ON.  And after such a day, which is every day really, she crashes hard into bed to recharge herself for the next day which will surely also be lived ON. She's the only child we've had that really enjoys going to bed each night. She asks a couple times a week if she can go to bed early. And if I'm late on the tuck in, she does it herself and is asleep before I get there. And if you cross her and end up on her bad side, beware! She let you know about it with just as much enthusiasm as she lives life.

Our little girl is still petite. Like crazy small. At 8 years old she's just 40 lbs. She and Jude, although not genetically related, are still neck and neck with both their height and weight. One will grow an inch taller than the other. Then the other will weigh a half pound more. Then they switch places continually as they grow. Year after year it has always been like this. And Papa and I always remark, for not being genetically related and for being so small even by Vietnamese standards, how ironic it is that they are so similar physically.

I'm absolutely in love with the 2 Chiclets in the front and center of her smile. Those 2 teeth mark such a wonderful season in childhood to me.

Food issues are pretty non-existent with our girly now. Strangely, fruits in most all forms ares still her lease favorite thing. But really she just looks like she's just a picky eater these days. Although I can get her to take a thank you, try-it bite of most anything.

At the end of last school year, she graduated out of all special services. She was still getting pulled for a variety of academic issues but after some annual testing, the district declared that she no longer qualifies for these services. We still suspect that eventually some learning disabilities will show up, and because she was a premature low-birth-weight baby that was also malnourished, it wouldn't be surprising. But honestly the pulling of her support services at school all at once, really scares me. But for now we're just going to let our girl spread her wings, fly and see what happens.

Happy birthday, girlfriend! I think you are going to LOVE being 8 years old! And I know that I say it all the time, but I'm going to say it again... I'm going to love you forever and forever. I couldn't stop even if I tried! You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and I am so very excited to see what they next year is going to bring you!

5 comments:

  1. What a great photo of her living life large! We have an "on" kiddo too. We say he wakes up ready to body slam the day. It's exhausting but never, ever dull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That description is just perfect! "Waking up ready to body slam the day!" I'm gonna have to remember that one!

      Delete
  2. Your Tess reminds me of my Sarah. She's also 8, and weighs 40 pounds, too. We like to say that she grabs life by the horns, all day, every day. Love your blog and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday Tess! I cannot believe she is 8 already! I'm pretty sure her and Jude were only about 3 when I first stumbled upon your blog. I've no idea where those years have gone, but I am thankful all the time for this connection we share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking a few days ago that I've been blogging for almost 10 years now. Wow. That's a long time, certainly longer than any diary I've ever kept! And I quite agree that I have NO idea where those years have gone either!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011