slide show

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Jude on golf


We don't do a lot of extracurricular sports with our younger children, like hardly any unless I child pleads with us for over a year or so. In a world that keeps families so busy that it's hard to keep your head screwed on straight much less have family dinner together, it's one of the things we've tried to reduce as much as possible. It works for us. But unwinding during the summer is different. It affords us more time to do things we wouldn't otherwise. All the children have gotten golf lessons and participated in golf tournaments in the summers. Eventually, at about age 13 or so, they start to try to find ways to get out of it. Golf comes more naturally to some than others. I tried it a few times, and even got lessons. It felt like the strangest thing ever! And even though Jude is a tiny guy, but he appears to be naturally athletic, so golf is one of his favorite sports. Time will tell if he sticks with it, but for now, he certainly enjoys it! This year the youngest 4 children participated, Boo, Jude, Tess and Mimi. 

So here's Jude's take on golf! 
"I think I was done with golf in this pic cause I don't have golf clubs. I lost a tooth the night before! I couldn't find it but then Mom found it on the floor." 
"When I play golf, I have fun. I like playing golf so much. The best part is the lunch we have after (the tournament) They give out trophies. I won a trophy because I had the least amount of hits. I had 5 hits and made it in the hole. The other players did good too, but my cousin got more than me. I was the best. I felt like I would move on and do good on 3 holes. So now I play 3 holes. 

I practice with my brother, Boo. We play all the way to Granna's house, (3 holes) then we get a soda and we call mom and she comes to pick us up.  

Someday I think I'm going to do 18 holes. And I'm going to hit a hole-in-one someday.

Golf is great, but my favorite sport is baseball still."
"I am walking to my ball to hit it with my 7 iron. I used to share with Tess, but now I have my own golf clubs."
"I don't like this picture. It's just a sign. It's silly when my mom takes pictures of signs."
"I'm taking a practice swing. It's hard to see the ball. Then I step and hit the ball for reals. My feet are pointing the wrong direction. I'm going to hit it into the forest."
"After we are done playing, we shake each other's hands and say 'Good game' because we don't want to be a sore loser. I don't remember these boy's names." 
"This is when I won a trophy on one-hole, when I had a 5. I was the lowest score so I won. I tied with someone else, and we both got a trophy. Now I play 3 holes, and I keep on practicing!"

I do love this boy!
Whether it be golf, baseball, archery, rock climbing, dentistry, poetry, or heart surgery... I can't wait to see where he goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011