slide show

Monday, January 5, 2015

LIghtroom class starting soon! Care to join us?


This class starts IN 1 WEEK, on January 12th, 2015.
There are a few spots left!  Care to join us? 

Combining photography with a busy family can often leave me short on time.  (Can I get an amen?)  But photography is precious to me so I had to find a way to make it work.   That's where Lightroom comes in!  Lighroom is an editing program that allows me time to import and organize my pics, then edit them efficiently!  And I'm thrilled to share what I know and how I make editing happen!  Are you already using Photoshop? Did you know that Lightroom and Photoshop work together?  I use both programs, but honestly Lightroom does the "heavy lifting" for 95% of my editing because it's faster and honestly it's a better the right way to do clean edits. 

Registration is now open!
 Lightroom 101 is a 7-week class that starts January 12, 2015.
Click HERE to register!
Class size will be limited and is first come first serve. 

Lightroom 101: An Editing class for Beginners, will demonstrate and teach you how I edit photos efficiently via Lightroom.  I'll keep it simple, use easy-to-understand language, and give you step-by-step instructions and video demonstrations too.  No secrets.  If I know it, I'm willing to share it!

I had Danielle in class the last time I taught this class, and here's what she wrote me:

     Before this class I tried to self-teach myself Lightroom by Youtube videos and it only confused me more. Your streamlined process and workflow really helped untangle the mess I made for myself. Your videos and pdf’s were really clear and didn’t over-saturate my brain with information. But most of all, I really appreciate how flexible and accommodating you were AND continue to be even though class has ended. It’s just gives me a sense of security to know that I can still lean on you in case of trouble. That feeling is just priceless and worth every cent.  ~Danielle

More specifically, here's some of what Lightroom 101 includes:
---
14 lessons to print and keep forever and over 20 video tutorials!
---How to download and organize your photos
---Step-by-step instructions for completing a quick, clean edit
---Selectively editing areas of your image, including brightening eyes, 
smoothing skin, whitening 
    teeth, removing blemishes...
---Converting photos to black & white
---Correcting white balance
---Noise reduction
---An introduction to the magic of Lightroom presets and how to install, use and 

    create your own
---Saving your newly-edited photographs
---The ease of taking your photo(s) from Lightroom to Photoshop and back

---Creating and using watermarks

Here is an "oops" picture that was a test shot for a gorgeous red-head that I recently shot.  Go ahead and roll over it with your mouse to see what it looked like before I edited in Lightroom.


You do not have to purchase Lightroom to participate.  Adobe offers a free 30-day trial of Lightroom that you can download to coincide with the class.  (Click here to go to Adobe's free trial offer.)  You can try Lightroom out during the class and decide for yourself if it's worth purchasing.

This course is 7 weeks long, offering 2-3 lessons per week.  We all learn in different ways, so there will be both written lessons and over 20 video tutorials!  And I am not going to leave you hangin' because this class is going to be totally interactive!  We're in this together via a private forum just for our class where you can share your photos online {or not}, ask questions, and get feedback.  You will be able to see what the other students in the class are doing and asking too.  There are no set times that you need to be "in class" because you choose when to check in online, view course material, and there's no pressure because you work at your own pace.  Feel free to come to class in your jammies!   You better believe that I will!  I will be available the whole time for questions and to offer clarifications and information.  After 5 weeks of lessons, you will have an additional 2 weeks to let it all sink in, practice and ask more questions.  

What you'll need:  
---Lightroom downloaded and installed on your computer, (Please check Adobe for 
    system requirements.
---Images taken with your DSLR and downloaded on to your computer to practice on
---A Facebook account
---Access to high-speed internet to view video tutorials


Registration cost is $149. 
Class size will be limited. 

Sound like something you'd like to participate in?  

Click HERE to register

If you'd like even more details about the Lightroom 101 class or to see some  examples of student editing after they took the class and see what they had to say, go click HERE.  

And of course if you have any questions, just give me a holler! 

PS-Did I mention I'm {uber} excited to have you in class?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011