slide show

Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Morning Recap


Before I get started, I just want to say that the Lightroom class that is starting in January is still registering.  If you're interested in learning how to edit your photos quickly and well, 
click HERE for more info about the class and to register.  

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Let me cut to the chase… for me the absolute, hands-down best part of Christmas was having all my kiddos under one roof!  Sunny and her Airman drove over from New Mexico to spend a few days with us and it was just wonderful!  Now that I have a child that’s flown the nest, I’m painfully aware that the days of them being all together are numbered… or at least a special occasion to be cherished.  It was a the best gift of all!  I cherished the few days we all had together with all my heart.  Not to mention that we got a first, which was spending Christmas with one of my children’s significant others, Sunny's Airman!  And I gotta say that I really liked it!  It’s really nice to have another adult around (I almost called him a “kiddo” which at 6’5” is hardly accurate!  Never the less, he’s absolutely family now.)  And it doesn’t hurt that we really really like him too. 

So there were 10 of us in Little Cabin in the Woods and that made every square foot of the place packed!  Packed and loud and crazy and full or laughter and fun and seriously my heart was so so full.  That was my best gift of all!  We didn’t get our Christmas tree up till Christmas Eve, and by then our little town had totally sold out of cut trees.  This little live tree was one of the very last ones in the whole town so we took her home and decorated it with paper chains, and cranberry and popcorn strings and a tinfoil star for the top. 
Mimi was up first and had to check out the booty.  She quickly started rummaging through the pile to see if she could spot any with her name on them.  And she did so she was really excited!  And I was excited that she was excited!
As was mentioned in her Dear Santa letter, Tess did get a new ninja costume, which she immediately put on and has worn every day since.  
Jude got an RC car just like he had hoped.  Everyone got whoopee cushions in their stocking which I’m sure you can imagine it still leading to loads of fun and laughter every time someone sits down.

Boo got a Boogie Board which I had never even heard of, but thankfully Santa had and Boo loves it.
Sunny and The Airman got a toaster and a fondue pot, ‘cause really… how horribly appropriate is that?
And of course there was the carnage in the aftermath.  But that’s when having 10 people under one small roof comes in handy!  It was all cleaned up in a jiffy.  
It was a wonderful never-to-forget celebration.  And again, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to be a mama of many and have the life I do.  

I hope you all had a wonderful celebration! 


Hark the herald angels sing, “Glory to the new-born king.” Peace on earth, and mercy mild, God and sinners reconciled!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas indeed Nancy!! Love the Ninja suit!! You have got to email me and tell me where you found that Ninja suit. My 4yr old grandson would LOVE that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011