slide show

Monday, November 10, 2014

She surprised me!



Forgive me if I disappear for a bit.  She surprised me by flying over for a visit home over a long weekend.  I'm soaking her in.  I'm hugging and kissing and pretending she doesn't have to leave tomorrow.  We're talking about the big important stuff like school, makeup, marriage, cars and transitioning from a mother-daughter relationship to an adult friendship.  
For all the moms out there, I implore you to treasure every single moment your children are home.  Treasure the sand piles and Legos on the floor and spaghetti stains on their clothes. Treasure the early days when they still reach for your hand, and the later ones when you can ground them because you can still make a difference. Treasure every hug that you get and every sigh you hear you sneak in to see them sleep at night.  Because in a proverbial blink of an eye, they are gone and the time you have together is reduced to surprise visit over a long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! She is BEAUTIFUL! So glad you got to spend some time with her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011