slide show

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Macro (Part IV- odds 'n ends) and a request for input


So let's finish up this macro series.  There's more to take pics of than flowers after all!  Although as you'll see, I still have a few more flowers in here. 

I hope you've seen some things here that inspire you to get closer to the little things and really slow life down and look closely for the amazing-ness that is already all around us. the macro lens does that.  Suddenly we don't need an fabulous vista, gorgeous clothing or cute models to get that wow factor in our photos.  Because when you get closer, you'll see that that wow-factor was already all around us if we just look close enough!

The baby lizard that Boo brought me a few weeks ago?  Thank you very much kind boy because that's exactly every mama wants in her kitchen... baby lizards!  But in pics it TOTALLY rocks!!!!!!  
So do y'all have any suggestions for which lens you'd like me to talk about next?   I will admit, that I'm a bit of a lens whore.  I can't say that I even have a favorite because all of them are my favorite at one time or another.  So I'm not sure which lens you'd like me to cover next.  Is there one that you're considering?  Or would like more info about?  Or to see a variety of pics taken with it? 
Tag. 
You're it! 

13 comments:

  1. I am looking into a 24-79 f/2.8. Does the flexibility of the focal lengths outweigh the bad of not having high aperture values?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embracing iPhone & iPhoneography?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh golly I WISH I was better with my iPhone camera, Eva! Unfortunatly I only find it frustrating. I guess I should push myself more in that area and take a class or two to learn all I can do with it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Well like I mentioned, I'm kinda obsessed with lenses and it seems to be all I request for gifts. Instead of a vacation, I get a new lens. My zooms are a 16-35mm, 24-70mm and a 70-200mm. My primes are 50mm, 85mm, 100mm, 135mm.

      Delete
  4. Love my 35mm 1.4L. It is my workhorse. I also have a 70-200 2.8 for portraits. I'm back and forth between 24-70 or 50mm for my next lens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 35mm 1.4L. It is my workhorse. I also have a 70-200 2.8 for portraits. I am back and forth between 24-70 or 50mm for my next lens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that belly button shot. Gonna steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm considering a 16-35 and would like to read a post about that one.
    Although I must admit that now I would really like to get a macro as well. I had two for my old SLR (long before the D-era), and seeing your macro shots make me miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE my 16-35, Lilla! Like LOVE it! I use it as my all purpose 35mm and a sudo-fisheye at 16mm because it does have some distortion at 16mm, which I actually really like!

      Delete
  8. I have a 50 f/1.8 for my T3i. Going to China next month and I know they won't make the cut because my 50 is too zoomed. What are my options?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used a 50mm for both of my first adoption trips to Vietnam and China. I think it's a great lens for traveling. Ya, no zoom, but it's great for portraits and you'll likely
      be doing lots of that too! The 24-70 is a nice travel lens too but it's a bit big and heavy. But it does give you some versatility.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011