slide show

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Happy Birthday, Tess


We're right in the middle of the Crazy 9 birthday blitzkrieg, and this year all the kiddos, regardless of their age, are getting the same questions on their birthday interview.  I think it's so fun to see how a 7 year old answers a question compared to an 18 year old!  

Now up, Little-Miss-always-on,Tess!  She is in first grade this year, she always keeps us on our toes and says the craziest things! LUV this girl! 

How old are you today?  7!
Can you describe what type of person you are?  I am ninja.  I am a human. I look like a kid and like a girl ninja.  I have dark dark dark dark hair and I look like a princess. I am happy because I'm I have all my stuff.  

What's your favorite color?   My favorite color is black because I am a ninja.  And also pink is a beautiful color. 

Who is your favorite person in the whole world?  My favorite person in the whole world is God because he is just awesome!  He is the master of everything, and also he's handsome because I see him before in my brain.  He has a house in my brain. 

When you grow up, what do you want to be?  I want to be a police officer because they arrest people and they get to have a gun.  And they try to make people safe.  Like if someone is in trouble they say, "What's the matter?"  
I think Miss Surly Pants was done getting her picture taken!
What is your favorite thing to do?  Play with Lego by myself. I don't like to share.

What are your favorite foods and drinks?  Dumplings are my favorite food because they are so yummy! ***insert lots of lip licking here***  I also like to eat Pho.  I like lemonade and orange juice too.  

What do you not like?  I do not like avocados because one time at the cabin I was sitting in the kitchen and my mom said I had to try an avocado, and I didn't want to try one.  But mom said I had to have one bite.  And I didn't like it at all. So my mom let me have a popsicle after that.  (Yep, Tess's nomination for my Mom-of-the-Year award was mailed just after this incident.  Not.)  I don't like it when my sister is mean to me like when she plays with my Legos.  I also don't like cleaning up. 

What do you want for your birthday?  I want candy, Starburst and Skittles. I also want a Nerf gun like Jude got for his birthday. 
This sweet amazing strong vibrant girl is happier than she's been in the past.  I know that the opposite of happiness, security and love isn't anger, defiance and aggression. It's fear no matter what it looks like on the outside.  So after years of reassurance, unconditional love and time and time and more time... this extra happiness and joy in her makes my mama heart just sing my thanks to God!  Thank you God for patience and time and all the angels that helped us when we needed it.  Tess still has the same ol' struggles for control and attachment issues here and there, but generally, she's just a happier girl in the last 6 months.  I think a lot of that has to do with growing older and seeing the unwavering security and love around her regardless of anything that happens.  Something you'll hear frequently around the Crazy house... You're stuck with us, sweetheart. We're not going anywhere. 

I am so so fortunate to have the honor of raising this child and seeing her grow and change over the last 6 years.  She makes me want to try to be the best mom in the whole world!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy some of her answers made me laugh out loud and remind me so much of my Madeline!!! I keep telling myself that the anger, aggression ect all stem from fear, my girl has come a long way too, amen sista!!
    Happy birthday Tess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know and I know well that sometimes it's SO hard to remember that that anger and aggression IS fear... when you're being pelted with Legos from an angry 7 year old!

      Delete
  3. Paige... we need to drink coffee together. Or wine. It takes a village.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet Tess!! Love her honest answers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011