slide show

Monday, July 21, 2014

Photogallery {Mimi in the light}


In the summer, Little Cabin in the Woods gets monsoon storms sometimes daily.  And when we do, they can come and go on a dime. I was sitting on the front porch as a storm was blowing through and the sunlight started popping through the clouds.  The cabin is in the middle of tall pine trees and the light pops through tress in some spots and not others.  I saw this bright light and quickly asked Mimi to dance in the light with her fancy dress that she was already wearing.  It came out kinda magical, you think?
ISO 160, 200mm, f/2.8, 1/320

5 comments:

  1. Addorable! Can't believe you had such a nice dress with you given up are at a cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented, Nancy! I would do anything to be able to take photos of my children like that! I bought a nice camera. I think it is called a "Rebellious T5I Canon". It just will not take photos like this. Am I doing something wrong; do I need a better camera? Tell me your secrets!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy! Congrats on your camera! The t5i is a great little DSLR. You absolutely can get wonderful photos with it! I'd recommend a 35mm or 50mm lens to go with it, and a class or 2 to learn how to use it to it's best capabilities. You can use a DSLR like a point and shoot, but you won't get the photos you're hoping to take very often. So learning how to shoot in Manual mode is going to give YOU control over your camera so you can get the pics you envision. I teach an all online class that show photography beginners how to shoot in Manual mode. Give me a holler if you'd like more info on it!
      ~Nancy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011