slide show

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Photo Gallery {My favorite}


I have a lot of favorite images from my Vietnam trip.  I mean a LOT.  But I think... just maybe... this one is my very favorite one.
I've had several folks ask me if I asked her to pose for me.  I didn't.  I don't know how I would even ask her.  Liv and I were just walking to our cooking class, and I saw her on the other side of the street and fired off a couple pics of her. Completely oblivious to me taking her photo, she then snapped open that yellow fan, the same color as that wall behind her, and I think I might have actually gasped.  I got exactly 1 photo of her with that fan... this photo.  Then the insanely busy traffic crossed between us, and it was time to move on. 

I love that she is wearing purple pants.  
I love the grit of the setting. 
I love that well-used cooking pot on the frame's left.  
I love the shiney-ness of the goodies she's selling in contrast to her reality.  
I love the potted plant.  

I love this image and the memories it holds. 

Okay, I think that's the last of the Vietnam pics.  Looks like I should start planning my next trip!

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my post went through so I'll again but shorter version if it does go through!!

    Nancy, I would love to say I am in awe of your photo work, truly amazing color palette!!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I WISH there were lots more. But there's aren't. I'll start digging through them a second times looking for things I overlooked. Fingers crossed I missed some the first time!

      Delete
  3. Can you give us an impromptu showing of ALL the pics? I can't get enough of them!! Pretty Please with SUGAR on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved your photos on Vietnam. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine you are familiar with the book When You Were Born in Vietnam. I would love to see some of your incredible images in a book that would be a companion to something like that...a taste of Vietnam's culture outside the walls of the orphanages, connected as well to the children inside. I don't know if that makes sense, but I keep thinking of how much I would love for my Vietnamese-born daughter to be able to savor your images. I am grateful for your photos, your words, the sharing of your story... Riann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the most amazing compliments I've ever received, Riann! Like ever! I hope that my images represent Vietnam and that I can share them with at least my children to let them know how beautiful and amazing their homeland is. I know the book well. My children love that book. Me too. Got any leads into turning it into a book? Photography is my realm no so much publishing. I'd be game if anyone wanted to split the workload for such an objective. ~nancy

      Delete
  6. If I ever come across a lead in the publishing world, I will let you know... If you ever decide to self-publish, just let me know, and I would love to get in line for a copy. Bless you... Riann

    ReplyDelete
  7. For self publishing, check out/google blurb books. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011