slide show

Monday, June 30, 2014

We're getting a new son!


Did that title peek your interest?

It's real.

We really really are getting a son!

Papa and I have been negotiating for about a year about whether or not our family is done growing or not.  We have 4 daughters and 3 sons. All the children seem to agree that this 4:3 ratio is a bit lopsided.  And truth be told, we've told everyone that we totally see ourselves with another son someday if just to even out the numbers.  7 is just so odd!  8 seems so much more even and right.  Ya, not a reason to adopt a child at all, but it just seems like there is one more out there... someday...  We're still not sure when or how.  We've proposed venturing into the US foster care system and even got licensed.  We both agree that we see ourselves adopting an older child, many special needs are okay with us too, but still likely in birth order, so around Mimi's age.  However old that is when the time seems right.

But we keep discussing it, time passes and the seasons of life change.  And let's face it, maybe we are getting too old.
For realsie.
Maybe there is a time to stop having more children and call well enough alone.  Recently, even though I feel like there may be another son for us someday, or not, I also feel like this family is good and well and has enough on its plate as is.

And of course God knows this all along... because in the midst of this discussion...














...we're getting a new son!

6'5" tall, an airman serving our country, and I can not tell you how much I love him already.
It's official!  They're engaged!  

I took the pic about 2 minutes after he proposed. Papa and I knew it was coming since he asked for Papa's blessing a month beforehand and we somehow miraculously managed to keep his secret. He's a wonderful amazing fabulous young man, and we couldn't have hand picked a more perfect Godly man with an amazing character for her if we tried.

I love them.  I love them together.  I love the way Sunny looks at him and he at her.  I love how he makes her a better her and she makes him better him.  I love the conviction they have together.
Young love.
It's dreamy I tell you!

This happened a while back, so some of you know already.  Sunny and he needed to spread the word personally to family and friends all over.  But she gave me the go-ahead in bloggie land to share with y'all which seems like it should happen since y'all have been such a part of my life for so many years now.  No date set yet, but if you see my Pinterest board changing, shifting to wedding dresses and flower arrangements, now you now know why!



17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your big bundle of joy! (I couldn't resist.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are dreamy. how wonderful. I have a deep fear of my kids choosing partners that make me worry and not being able to feel peaceful, so lovely that this first round for you is going well! congrats Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So happy for Sunny and your family. Can't wait to see what life has in store for them. God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so happy! Congratulations, to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Sunny and the future Son-in-law!! No need to search for a photographer for the wedding! I think they have the best in ARIZONA already!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! So exciting and fun :) He sounds like a keeper for sure! He's certainly easy on the eyes........they are a beautiful couple. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! They look so wonderful and so in love! All the best for them in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to a very lovely couple, and so in love with each other. Many blessings will come to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all with your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Congrats to the wonderful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gracious - how wonderful! I am already envisioning your breathtaking wedding photos! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy for Sunny and your whole family. What is his blog nickname (or will he use his real name?) going to be? A name to connect with the face would be helpful. I chive on too. In fact, I just went into the kitchen for some between sentences.
    GL finding a photographer. I did Bridget's engagement photos, but wanted another photographer to do the wedding. The only photographer in our area I was happy with was much more pricey than most. So pricey that my son in law, Chris's family wouldn't pay any of it because they have a friend who charges not even half of that. I paid it all anyway, and I was very happy that I had nothing to critique when we received the images. Before I became a photographer, I would have settled for the cheap okay-ish photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristen, now he's going by "the airman" since he is and all. Not sure about the name, but we'll have to settle on one soon since the plans are underway. I'm ALL FOR paying for a photographer. And I'll be using my own personal saving for it since most don't value photography as much as I do. I get that. And it's still very worth it to me to pay more for what I want.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011