slide show

Friday, June 27, 2014

The summer of the popsicle


I've unilaterally declared this to be the summer of the popsicle.  At first I froze some popsicles out of orange juice and gave them to the kids for breakfast.  After the shock of getting popsicles for breakfast wore off, they unanimously nominated me for mother of the year.  All from orange juice.  Go figure!  It was one of my finer mommy moments.
But now we're gotten more adventurous and made these Sweet Cherry-Bomb and Coconut Milk Pops recipe from my favorite food photographers. And let me tell you they are delish!  The yogurt-coconut layer was amazing, and I have plans to use it again with a orange recipe that has yet to be concocted to make a 50/50 bar, and the mere thought of that makes me weep with joy!  I have a couple adult cocktail parties to go to soon and am considering adding a bit of rum to these and bringing them for the adults.  Wanna come?
If you decide to make them, use good yogurt.  The thicker creamier kind.  And you'll get creamer popsicles.  I learned that the hard way.  Don't get me wrong.  We ate them all the same!   And be sure to use coconut milk.  Not coconut juice or coconut cream.  

And here's the popcycle marker I've been using.  I like cause it uses real throw-away-able popsicle sticks, and they come out pretty easily after I run some hot water over the outside.  
And I'm asking for a another favor, please.  Do you have any popcycle recipes that you can link in a comment?  I'd love some more ideas and some new recipes!  We're kinda fixated on popcycles around here.  And by "we" I totally mean just me.  Although the kiddos don't think their half bad either! 

4 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! I love popsicles. I need to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! You are an amazing mom! Thank you once again for all your photography advice. The photoshoot went fantastic and I am glad I insisted we move it to another location. I think the mom is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any recipes, but that sure looks good!

    I wanted to ask your professional option though! We are having an outdoor photo session done in two weeks - mostly tree or building backgrounds I imagine - and I don't know what colors I should dress us in. Any advice on colors or things to avoid? If only you photographed in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which is "yummier"..the awesome Popsicle or the awesome kids enjoying the Popsicle!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011