slide show

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Registration for Lightroom class coming soon!


It's COMING back soon!

I've been getting some questions about the next Lightroom class.  I've given the class a little face lift and settled on some dates.  Combining photography with a busy family can often leave me short on time. But photography is precious to me so I had to find a way to make it work.  Lighroom is an editing program that allows me time to import and organize my pics, then edit them in the most efficient way possible.  The next class starts June 9, 2014.

Come back to the blog Monday, May 5th to register! 
Class size will be limited and is first come first serve. 

Lightroom 101: An Editing class for Beginners, will demonstrate how I edit photos efficiently via Lightroom.  I'll keep it simple, use easy-to-understand language, and give you step-by-step instructions and video demonstrations too.  No secretes.  If I know it, I'm willing to share it!

In this 7-week class, we'll talk about editing photos in the most efficient way possible.  I'll show you how to brightening eyes, smoothing skin, whitening teeth and removing blemishes.  There will be instruction on how to convert photos to black and white, and how to do noise reduction and correct white balance.

Here is an "oops" picture that was a test shot for a gorgeous red-head that I recently shot.  Roll over it with your cursor to see what it looked like before I edited in Lightroom.


You do not have to purchase Lightroom to participate.  Adobe offers a free 30-day trial of Lightroom that you can use during the class.  (Click here to go to Adobe's free trial offer.)  Then you can decide for yourself if it's worth purchasing.

I'm not going to leave you hangin' because this class is going to be totally interactive!  We're in this together via a private forum just for our class where you can ask questions and get feedback. There are no set times that you need to be "in class" because you choose when to check in online, view course material, and there's no pressure because you work at your own pace.  I will be available the whole time for questions and to offer clarifications and information.  

Because I love to show off the wonderful skills of my students, and to give you an idea of what the power of Lightroom, the following photos were all taken by students that have completed my class and edited in Lightroom.  Roll over the photo to see the image as it came out of the camera and before editing.







Pretty impressive, hu?
And ya, you'll learn how to put that little watermark on your photo too, and why it's important to do it!

What you'll need:  
---Lightroom downloaded and installed on your computer, (Please check Adobe for 
    system requirements.
---Images taken with your DSLR and downloaded on to your computer to practice on
---A Facebook account
---Access to high-speed internet to view video tutorials


Registration cost is $149. 

Sound like something you'd like to participate in?  The last 2 times this class was offered, it sold out, so mark your calendar for May 5th and come on back then to register.  And if you'd like me to send you a reminder, leave me a comment with your email address, and I'll do that too.  (Don't worry, I won't publish your comment if it has your email address.)

Give me a holler if you have any questions!

8 comments:

  1. Your students are quite talented!! I could learn a thing or two from THEM!

    Briannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first lens purchase must be a 35 or 50mm, I have both thanks to a really good deal at my camera shop in which I got both for $300.
    I am, however, ready for another lens. I tried out the 24-70 at the camera shop yesterday and it'a great. I loooove prime lenses, though! Low aperture zooms seem like a pain with DOF changing significantly whenever you zoom, and it wasn't very sharp compared to my primes. I'm also thinking it would be redundant and a waste of money since I already have the 35 and 50.
    Which lens would I probably be happiest with? Do you Reccomend 135mm, 70-200, or 85mm? I do a lot of photography of volleyball games for my daughters. With 5 daughters in club volleyball, I end up shooting 3-4 games per week. My lenses right now just aren't making the cut and I have to really crop in Lightroom.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briannah, I've been getting a lot of questions re lenses and think this deserves it's own blog post. The short answer to your question is YES I totally recommend the 135mm, 70-200, or 85mm! I have all of these and they are all wonder lenses for the better quality/built ones! But for what you are doing, I'd think you'd like some zoom to get closer and likely recommend the 70-200 with IS and lower f/stops. It's NOT cheap. That's an understatement. But it is what it is. ----Hope that helps a bit.
      ~nancy

      Delete
  3. Is your class full? I want to register!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J, the class is not full yet. You can register by going to this link--
      http://nancyvnjourney.blogspot.com/2014/05/lightroom-class-registration-now-open.html
      or clicking on the "Lightroom 101" button on the sidebar that has a picture of little feet on it.
      I'm looking forward to class starting! Thank you!
      ~nancy

      Delete
    2. I'm registered!!!!!!!!! I just sent you an email with my preferred email address.... thank you!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011