slide show

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Family Faves {The World's Best Deviled Eggs}


... or at least we think so!
With Easter right around the corner, I have been dreaming of these deviled eggs!  Isn't that one of the best part of holidays, all the foods that go with that holiday.  We make these deviled eggs year round though, and I like to make them for after-school snacks because they're that easy and simple, especially if I have some bacon left over from another recipe or meal.  (Ya, that happens all the time.  Extra bacon laying around that you don't know what to do with!  But go with me on this one!)  But they are a certainty for Easter.  This year I had been obsessing about them and could wait till Easter came so I made them early.

I like the regular ol' deviled eggs all right.  You know the creamy ones with vinegar and mustard.  I mean they're okay.  But if bacon makes ice cream better, can you image what it does to hard-boil eggs?!  I tried a recipe similar to this a long while back and loved it, but...  I can't leave well enough alone (It's a character fault of mine.  But I'm owning it, and that the first step they tell me.) so I fiddled just a tiny bit with the original recipe, eliminating the mustard and added more cheddar and salt.  Now it's the only deviled egg recipe we make here in the Crazy house.
The World's Best Deviled Eggs

12 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 c + 1 T mayonnaise
1/4 c grated cheddar cheese
salt to taste
6 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
chives, finely chopped - optional for garnish


Peel hard-boiled eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a bowl.  

Add mayonnaise, crumbled bacon and cheese and mix will it's well blended. (Save 24 pieces of bacon crumbles to garnish the top of fished eggs.) Add a couple dashes of salt to taste.  

Fill egg halves with the yolk mixture.  
Put 1 piece of bacon crumble on the top of each egg half and sprinkle with chopped chives.  

6 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with Cheddar cheese and bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for Easter today. They were awesome! I'm not sure what kicks it up a notch, the bacon or the cheese. It's all just much-needed protein, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE it when someone tries something here and tells me how it went! Thank you! I'm glad you like them, Jessica. They're pretty stinkin' easy too! I'm making them tomorrow with all the eggs we have from today. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011