slide show

Monday, March 10, 2014

Life at 16mm


Today is the first day of our spring break.  And we have planned a whole week crammed pack with a lot of NOTHING!
Sweet blissful nothing.
No trips, no packing, no hurry-up-and-get-in-the-car!  Of course that means no beach.  No trips.  No visits.  No I-think-this-is-the-best-day-ever!  But I'm okay with that.  There's a season for everything, and this week is gonna be all about down time, (with a little bit of closet cleaning thrown in, but don't burst their bubble and tell them just yet.)

There's been a lot of going-to's going on around here lately.
Going to Mexico
Going to San Diego
Going to Pennsylvania.
And the thought of scheduling another thing made everyone a bit nauseous.  So here it is 10:41am.   Of the 4 of us left in the house, 2 have clothes on and 2 are still in jammies.  I'm one of them, and it's divine.
I had someone ask us while we were speaking in Pennsylvania about our typical daily schedule.  Maybe I should write that down for y'all?  Busy makes me sad.  I don't thrive there well.  And I don't think the children or the family does either.  At least not long term.   Some busy is good.  A season.  A day.  Learning how to cope and thrive there is good too.  But long term, it's just not where I want my family to be.  I want them to have time to play and think and pray and give and serve and love and discover and be.  And that's a lot of things already without throwing in busy on top of it.
We started our day off with some silliness.  'Cause sometimes I think good days start off that way.
That's as close as I got to getting a pic of the man child at 16mm.  I guess when one is 15, 16mm isn't that silly?  15 always throws me for a loop in this house.  3rd time around, and we're still trying to figure 15 out.  Go figure. 

Playing around with 16mm.   It's like living in a fun house!
Well I'd better get dressed before someone unexpected comes to the door.
That always happens.
Oops.
Too late.
I've been found out.

ps-I should clarify that all these photos were taken with my 16-35mm lens, at 16mm.  It is a FUN lens and really does some crazy distortion when it's this wide!

5 comments:

  1. I think I want a 16mm! Soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should clarify that this is my 16-35mm zoom, but cracked all the way to 16mm for all these. It is SO fun!

      Delete
  2. Would the 16-35 be a good second lens to go along with the 50?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on what you're using it for, Debbie. If you were looking for a great landscape lens I would definitely recommend it. I got mine mostly for vacations and taking pics or landscapes and architecture.

      Delete
  3. 16mm is like looking at pictures from the fun house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011