slide show

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Birth Days - Part II where Baby Z arrives


My feelings going in to birth days are here.

In the end, Baby Z did come on 12:40 am on Mimi's exact birthday.  And when she came, there were 4 generations of women in the room, together, holding hands and weeping together, celebrating this new little life (who we learned was not so little after all!) who had come into the world.

I can not thank her mama enough for letting me be there to capture this ordinary miracle.  I can honestly say it was just one of the most amazing things I've ever done. Ya, I was crying too when baby Z came into the world.  I was honored that this wonderful family would share such an amazing event with me!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

I'll let the photos tell the story of Baby Z's birth day.
I had never done a birth shoot before.  And it was such a special experience for me that I want to do it again!  Really really really badly. If you're in the metro Phoenix area and are expecting or know someone who is, (or run across random pregnant strangers who is in the grocery store, or bank, or in the car next to you in traffic and want to spread the word) I'd love to be a photography fly on the wall for your birth.  Home birth.  Hospital birth.  For now I'm offering this type of shoot for a really discounted fee.  Like I said, I really want to do it again!

I'm seriously considering stalking pregnant women.
Then again, that might be awkward.
Or illegal.

2 comments:

  1. These photos make me want to do this type of photography. Easier than going to nursing school or medical school to be apart of such a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not pregnant nor do I live in the metro Phoenix area, but if I did I would hire you for sure! These photographs are priceless treasures to that family.
    I have a quick question for you:
    Do you host photography workshops? I have heard nothing but wonderful things about your classes, but I am a professional photographer of fifteen years (and mama to three children from Vietnam and two little boys from China) and photography workshop weekends are wonderful. If you don't host them, would you ever consider it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011