slide show

Sunday, December 1, 2013

A whole lot of Thanksgiving


These pics probably won't mean a lot to any but us and our family.  Grandparents, aunts and uncles, a mess of cousins and friends new and old... again it confirmed that Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday.
Along with 4th of July.
And Tet... of course.

My mom asked me to snap some pics of my family, my bother and my parents.  I'm so glad she did.  I don't think we've had a family pic of us all grown up in...
...well forever.
Since of course there was NO getting the men to wear anything other than a t-shirt, I did look at my mom's pink shirt and threw on the pink scarf.  Not bad for no prep!  

And while I had someone to click the shutter, I took the opportunity to snag Papa.  I luv luv luv this man.   He knows me inside and out and would do absolutely anything for me!  29 years later and he still makes my toes curl.  And that makes me a lucky girl.  
Amidst the gluttony and the laughter, Thanksgiving always makes me miss those that are no longer here.  It was one of the times I knew those that I thought would always be there, suddenly aren't.  And because this is the way life works, in turn this makes me treasure the time with those that are.  We had my brother, my parents and Sunny with us this year and that made it so wonderful, to put my arms around them all and share the laughter and the embraces.  There were some amazing highs, and if you know me in person, ask me what happened!  (sorry I can't share here)

So for my family, here they are.
And for those of you who are not, Thanks for being along for the ride.
I think this last pic is probably my favorite.  As per my request, Papa cooked 3 turkeys this year to ensure ample leftovers.  Cause I am a gal that loves a leftover turkey sandwich with a avocado and sprouts and a bit of kosher salt!
Not that I'm picky or anything.
Kosher salt.  Not table salt.
Did I mention the sprouts?
Not lettuce.
Sprouts.
Seems no matter how many turkeys there are, there's a carcass laying around for everyone to pick at for hours later!

Okay, out with turkey day and on to Christmas!   Only 24 days left!



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011