slide show

Monday, December 30, 2013

A gift in yellow and blue


In the middle of winter and cold, snow, and ice... we are still here.
Mazatlan, Mexico.

Nearly deserted beaches and it's just about as perfect as it gets.  Paradise really.  The water is just as warm as the sun.  And the little ones with their cousins are now making out like they've always lived on the beach.  Going home is coming soon, and it's gonna be hard.

I think about that first day Mimi was on the beach and taken back by the noise of the waves and all the water.  And now she's bouncing around on the beach like she's right at home.  Yes, there are the occasional melt downs.  My own included when it's getting late and in the bedroom next to mine, the big boys are rolling with boisterous laughter at a farting contest.  But this is the stuff of family and life and easy enough to find the energy to work through, especially when there are palm trees blowing in the breeze just outside.

I did buy the girls these yellow swimsuits just for our trip.  For some reason I knew I wanted yellow bathing suits.  At the time, I couldn't have told you why.  I just knew they needed to be yellow.  And finding bathing suits in December amidst coats and mittens is no easy task.  I eventually gave up and resorted to Amazon Prime and because I'm cheap I limited myself to the sale tab.  (Have I told you of my recent love for Amazon Prime?  Oh it was well worth it!  But again, I think I've bunny trailed.)  And then I saw the girls in their yellow suits on the beach... against the blue water and the blue sky.  And it suddenly became totally obvious why I needed to purchase yellow bathing suits.  In the middle of our stripped down Christmas, God gave me a little visual gift of these two in their yellow suits with a backdrop of blue.  

If you're over on Facebook, you may have already seen a couple of these.  The amazing colors, the reflections and my littlest girls doing just what they've been doing for almost 2 weeks now.  I am thinking one of the following pics needs to be printed large on canvas. But I'm not sure which one yet.  I have it narrowed down to my 2 favorites.  
Or 3.  
Okay, truth be told 4.  
If you can spare a comment and tell me which one below is your fave, it would much appreciated.  
Happy New Year!
Whether you ring in the new year in a quiet celebration at home, a fun party and stay up to the wee hours of the morning, or like me fall asleep 10 minutes after midnight, I hope the new year brings you amazing things where you see God's little ordinary miracles all around you.

21 comments:

  1. Oh my, any one of those would be a treasure! I have no idea how you're going to pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 3 and 5! Beautiful photos and sounds like an absolutely wonderful vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look so full of joy, I think you have to choose one where you can see it on their beautiful faces. 5 or 6 for sure. But good luck choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too hard to choose. Get a few and make a collage? If not, I think #5, but I also really like #1 and #3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love number 3, with Mimi looking back! It is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!! For me it's #1 or #4.... And maybe #4 a bit more than # 1 (but how can you choose, really?!) :)
    Number 4 can hang on a wall forever. It's sisterhood, its "you and me, sister" for whatever may come, it's walking towards the future, for everything Life will bring, but as log as we're together... we'll be fine <3 Good luck on choosing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so gorgeous! I think I lean toward 3 and 5. I'm so happy to hear that you've had such a wonderful time away. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. It's impossible to choose! Can you do a series of 3 on canvas? That would be beautiful. (first time commenter - been following you for years. One day I am going to take your photography class.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the running pics OR the digging in the sand. They look the least "posed" (walking hand in hand has been done oh so many times). Would love to hear which one you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first one and the last one. They are all so good and I am sure it will be a tough decision for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all, but I think I'd go with number 5. Of course, 2 and 6 are close behind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darn. I posted and lost it. Sorry if this is a duplicate. Love 1 and 5. 1 is art, 5 has my heart. Even though 1 has that feel of a moment captured, 5 shows joyful hand in hand sisters smiling faces . 5 is the one I would want on my wall of my two girls. 1, fine to publish in your photo art book someday. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the top two! It'd be hard to choose which one, but, I'm leaning toward the second one. Love the reflections in the water and the girls' beautiful smiles. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I personally love No. 1! I've been following for awhile now, but never commented. LOVE your blog, especially the photos. Just wondering if you had a link to those yellow bathing suits?! Can't seem to find them on amazon and I absolutely must have them for my little sisters. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Amazon Prime Kaleigh. OP I'm pretty sure. They were on sale too since I'm pretty cheap!

      Delete
  15. Aww so sweet. Which did you chose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was stuck on #5 for the longest time, but in the end I chose #2. I just love the reflections in the water.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011