slide show

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Lucky me


20 months since she was carried through the door or our hotel room half way across the world, and I am still in awe of this child.
Complete jaw-droppin' on the floor, hook line & sinker in love with her.
Her easy-going manner.  Her smiles.  Her charm. 
No matter how bad my day gets, when she enters the room, I smile.  She is just so infectious that way. 
And I don't think it's just me that thinks this way.  At the grocery store, the doctor's office or bank, she likes to say hello to the people she meets in the sweetest little voice.  And people can't seem to help but start up a little conversation with her.  She proudly shows them 3 fingers when asked how old she is, and then explains how she's going to go to school when she's 4 with her brother and sister.  She eagerly tells them that she was Wendy for Halloween. And a conversation ensues.  
She's a little ray of sunshine wherever she goes.  
And I get to live with her every day!  I get to hold her hand and kiss her owies!  And see her first thing in the morning with her hair all tussled.  I get to pour her chocolate milk and receive her thank you's.  I get to sit with her at the bus stop each day and loudly sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  And tuck her in to bed each night and listen to her sweet prayers as she blesses us all.  And creep back in when she's fast asleep and watch her breathe.   I get to be her mama every single day.  
Lucky me!

ps-I'm linkin' up with Lisa over here and Stefanie over here.  Head on over to see some serious awesomeness-osity.

13 comments:

  1. What an incredibly sweet post! I feel the same way about my own little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no wonder that you are totally in love with her . She is so adorable in her innocence, and love her smile. Your shots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... What a treasure you have found indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is too delicious! I love the dress and hair piece-- perfect with her bob (and if we lived closer I would so be asking to borrow them for an afternoon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you KNOW that I'd loan them to you in a hot second, A!

      Delete
  5. She is so adorable!!!!♡ I love how her nose wrinkles when she laughs. And you write so well, this is how I feel about my children too. Her outfit is so cute. God bless you and your family!!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that little wrinkled up nose smile... I just love it. In the first pics we ever every saw of her, she has that little wrinkled up nose. And now to see it every day... it just makes me tear up with JOY... still. I just love her more than I ever imagined I could.

      Delete
  6. She is such a beauty. He smile is amazing, I can see by it and the light that shines in her eyes, she is something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my she is absolutely adorable and I LOVE that outfit, she rocks the 1920's look!

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011