slide show

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I'm thankful for plain ol' normal


There are so so many things I am thankful for this year.  But I thought I'd touch on this one for now... this year I am especially thankful for kindergarten.
Plain ol' normal main-streamed kindergarten. 
I'm thankful for show 'n share, and easy readers, and cubbies, and play dates and the school bus and bitty back packs and packing a school lunch 5 days a week. I'm thankful for pilgrim hats and painted turkey gourdes.  And thankful that both Tess and Jude are in the same class with the same amazing teacher.  Did I say how amazing their teacher is?  She really really is.  
We visited their classroom yesterday for the kindergarten Thanksgiving celebration, complete with deli turkey, cranberry sauce, carrot sticks, apple cider and pumpkin pie.  Some bigs joined us too!  I was struck by the normalcy of it all.   Struck by how lucky we were to be there.  Struck by how far we've come in 5 years, from 8 therapy sessions a week and an army of therapists and teachers... down to plain ol' normal.
And for that I am so very thankful.  
Happy Thanksgiving, all.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011