slide show

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin carving


Because I find Halloween kinda overwhelming...
...and because pumpkins tend to rot really fast in the desert heat...
...I put off pumpkin carving with the littles till this afternoon.
 They thought it would be so exciting and it was, but they quickly figured out that it was pretty oogy all at the same time too.
 And what's pumpkin carving without roasting pumpkin seeds!
 I will say that they were very very suspicious that the seeds would be anything but slimy.  And in the end, I could hardly keep them out of them!  We had roasted pumpkin seeds for dessert.
In the spirit of getting myself in more of the pics, I handed the camera over to Boo.  11-year-olds only sometimes get one's whole head in the shot.  Never the less, there I am!
 Happy Halloween, all!

I'm linking up with Favorite Photo Friday.  Head on over to see more great Halloween pics!



9 comments:

  1. Darling! Because I dislike carving pumpkins so much, while I took my 11 year old to soccer I made the babysitter do it with my 6 year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelleyn-I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. I normally make Papa do it. Timing was jsut right this time so I did it. I'm such a humbug.

      Delete
  2. I love the last picture with Mimi feet and the three pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE seeing you in the pics! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, your little carvers are so cute!!!! And it's so nice to see you too, hot mama! The pumpkins turned out super cute! We waited until the last minute to get our pumpkins. And I have a feeling it's going to be me that's doing the dirty work this year. Oh, joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! great shots! I didn't even buy any pumpkins this year, it's been so wet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing you one there:) Give us your pumpkin seed roasting instructions and recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these - especially the one of Mimi carrying the pumpkin bigger than her head!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011