slide show

Friday, August 16, 2013

She turned 17


Seemingly as quickly as Sunny drove off, Liv assumed the role of oldest in an instant. 
 
She's a senior in high school.
She took on Sunny's job.  
She now drives the kid car.  
She's a student that I never worry about.
An amazing friend and incredible sister.  
And amazingly responsible!
Sometimes she's a bigger adult than I am, and I kinda have to mind my Ps and Qs when I'm with her. 
And ironically, I've always thought she's the one that's the most like me.  I thought this way back when she was little, and now at 17 it's even more like looking in a mirror.  

And then I start to hyperventilate a little and worry about all my own shortcomings shining through to her.  Luv your body I want to tell her.  Have faith.  Work hard and play harder.  Confidence is the most attractive thing a women can possess.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Live in the now.  Dream big!  

Because this girl can do Anything. She. Sets. Her. Mind. Too!

Watch out world.  She's coming soon.  

6 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful. And it looks like she's stepped into her new role without skipping a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful -- may she have a wonderful 17th birthday! My sister turns 17 in a few weeks. I'm a weepy puddle of mess trying to imagine how she got so old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved watching her grow up the past few years. She is everything beautiful Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011