slide show

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Jude turns 6


Jude trying so hard to wait patiently for his birthday celebration to start.
Birthday's are kinda simple in our family.   It's all about the birthday child. 
Morning.
Noon.
and Night.
This was Jude's special birthday celebration with the remnants of the family that was still hanging around.  
He decided he wanted an "orange" birthday.  Not exactly sure how that came about, but it started with a request for homemade macaroni and cheese and "orange" cupcakes.  
{insert ORANGE birthday revelation here!}
And quickly rolled into Jude's choice of menu including clementines, Cheetos, Cheez-its, Orange crush soda, and cantaloupe.
And of course an orange stripped sweatshirt. 
Cause what's a birthday celebration with out LOTS of orange!
And a guard dog to make sure nobody runs off with the Cheetos!
This mama has a thing for cupcakes.  It's kinda my birthday thing.  Traditions are important.  And the kiddos, big and little, always have fun picking out the kind they want.  There's quite an assortment that I have them look through here.  And I was kinda surprised that Jude picked out the "orange" cupcakes this time.  I think it was that big ol' piece of candy on top that hooked him!
Compete with orange marbled cake!
The pièce de résistance was his new bike!  
Can you tell he kinda liked it?
Seriously, this little guy just melts my heart!  He is just such an amazingly child.  Shy on the outside, but so happy on the inside!  
And now he's 6 years old!   How did those years slip by without me kicking and screaming every single day for it to slow down?!
Happy birthday sweet little man!  
Love you to the moon and back!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jude! You EXUDE happiness!!! Love the ORANGE theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jude ! You orange birthday looks like it was a smash! Wishing you another great year! Can I have one of your cupcakes?

    Nancy, hi! I was out of town last week. Are there any slots left in your Lightroom class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there are! I emailed you! And yes, there were extra cupcakes! I'd put one in the mail to you BUT it would surely be a pile of much before you got it!

      Delete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww.

    Happy Birthday, sweet Jude!!♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHY did I click the cupcake link?? Totally overwhelmed, lol.

    Looks like an awesome orange birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, how in the world do you have the time??!!!?? What a nice birthday celebration. I know this is a strange thing to say, but Jude reminds me so much of Vivian. Something in the big, brown eyes, I don't know. He's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! He is just a gorgeous boy! I know I'm biased, but I think he's just a beautiful child inside and out. Vivi too! We are lucky mamas indeed.

      Delete
    2. Happy Birthday Jude - what a wonderful day it was!!

      hugs - aus and co.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011