slide show

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Stitch Fix, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!


So I heard about this thing called Stitch Fix.
Maybe because I can not stand to go shopping.
Maybe because when come to "style" I seem to be severely lacking.  (What?  You mean those holey yoga pants shouldn't be worn 24/7?)
Maybe because the thought of going to the mall and shopping makes me want to throw up a little.
Maybe just to reward myself for 50+ lbs lost, I decided to give Stitch Fix a whirl.

So what is Stitch Fix?   It's an online personal styling service just for you!  You can go to their site, enter your height, weight, sizes, select your price point, and fill out your very own "style profile."  Don't let that part scare you, cause it's actually pretty fun!  Once I toss out yoga pants and over-sized sweatshirts, I'm pretty clueless as to what my "style" is.  But Stitch Fix had pictures and that made it easy.  You can also link to Pinterest and Twitter to give your stylist a better idea of what styles you like!
Then you order a "fix" for a $20 styling fee that will get applied to anything you purchase.  They send 5 items directly to your home.  I mean I was beside myself giddy waiting for the mail to come!
And when the items come in the mail, compete with nice packaging, a note from my very own stylist, and a little card that shows styling options for each item... yeah, I kinda need that much assistance and loved that there were photos that styled the item up or down depending on what you put with it.  Then I tried on the things with items already in my closet, (good golly that top looked cute with the jean jacket I had hanging in the back of my closet!) and had 3 days (read: get my daughter's opinion) to decide what I wanted to keep.  The items that I didn't want went back into the postage-paid envelope (that was already provided; no printing mailing labels which is SO good seeing as how my printer never works on demand) and back in the mail box!
Easy peasy!
Yeah, I can do that!
Okay so when my first "fix" came, it was kinda a bust.  Literally.  I had attempted to explain my ample bust to my personal stylist, but I don't think she truly appreciated the gravity of the situation.  Not to mention that several of the items were well over my preferred price point.  I ended up sending all 5 items back and addressed the issue with customer service.  I was SO happy with the service I received, and they agreed to roll over my styling fee to try a second fix.

My second "fix" was beyond fabulous and thus the reason I had to tell y'all about it and pass on a great thing!  I am SO happy that I tried Stitch Fix again!  All 5 items fit great!  I loved the styles!  My stylist chose items more in the price range I preferred.  And I mostly loved that they were things that I probably wouldn't have picked out for myself, but when I tried them on, especially combining them with things I already had in my closet, I really liked what the stylist picked out for me!  I wanted to keep all of them, which maybe I should have because if you keep all 5 items they mark it down 25%!   But I narrowed it down to 3 tops that I just couldn't part with and sent the other 2 items back. Did I mention shipping is free both ways?  See it got even better!
I've already worn the tops numerous times and gotten several compliments!  Just so you know, I'm not being paid or sponsored by Stitch Fix for any of this!  Stitch Fix doesn't have a clue who I am!  It's really just an awesome service that I wanted to pass on.  (The big girls say I'm never to use the word "awesome" anymore.  Oh well.  Another generation fail.)  If you do decide to try out Stitch Fix, follow this link to get started, and it does give me a $25 referral credit for anyone that decides to try it out!  Papa thanks you personally for helping me not wear those baggy sweaters and yoga pants 24/7!

There's no contract and no obligation to buy anything.  They only send you a shipment when you request one.  The free shipping and super-duper easy returns totally fit into my busy life.  And did I mention that I didn't have to go shopping!  Oh, Stitch Fix!  I think I love you!
If you love it so much why don't you marry it?  
I think I just might!

So here's what my second fix had in it.
#1--This top which I loved!  Love the color and the fit!  It was the first thing I wore on a date night with Papa.  I luv orange!
#2  On the hanger this shirt looked a bit like a tent.  It was SO comfortable, but it was cut roomier.  I liked it and the embroidery/cut out work on the top.  But I didn't love it.  And in the end, I have a shirt much like it in my closet.  So it didn't make the cut, and back it went!
#3--I really really really wanted to keep this cardigan. I asked my sister-in-law, both my big girls, and my hubby all what they thought about it.  I tried it on with about 5 different shirts underneath.  And I DID like it a lot, but I just couldn't justify the cost of it seeing as how it was the most expensive item of all.  Back it went to Stitch Fix.
#4  The top from yesterday's post.  I fell in love with the color and the details of the lace on the upper sleeves even before I tried it on. And then I tried it on and of course Papa loved how it fit my curves.  There was no way this one was being sent back.  Slam dunk!
#5  A great example of something I never would have pulled off the rack.  I was kinda disappointed with it when I saw it in the box, but when I tried it on, it fit me and my curves the best!  There's a great scoop back for an extra kick, and I was glad to see that they suggested pairing it with a denim jacket on the design card (that I hardly ever wear) 'cause I really liked the two together.
They do a lot more than just tops too.  They also do dresses, pants, shorts, jackets, jewelry... and you tell them what items you'd prefer.  I just wanted to get all tops in this order.

Gonna save my mad money, and I can't wait to order from Stitch Fix again!

Linking up with Stefanie over at Sunday Snapshot!

19 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. I hope your referral credit starts rolling in so you can do this again and again. I'm excited for another reason. That coral top with the crochet detail is in my box that arrives Friday! (I always cheat and peak at the invoice before the box arrives.)

    Why do I always like everyone else's Fix better than mine. Love that brown sweater and the blue and white top. So glad you had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look incredible and I love this shopping idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do look amazing. Young, beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea, love the tops! Awesome;-) yep I'm old too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too old for what, girlfriend? I'm 45 years old. I had pigtails in my hair today. And they were way cute!
      ~nancy

      Delete
  6. You and I are in the same boat for bust! It is so hard to find tops that are modest and that fit that aren't t's. Also, I don't like when the collar comes so close to my neck that I feel like I am suffocating. I don't like the fist top because as a busty person those tunic styles are hard to get on, but all the other 4 I love! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the risk of offending Papa - HOORAH! You do look awesome!

    As for style - I think garanimals should be made for men - that's the only downside to being a "suit" - uniform really works for me and saves a ton of stress! Bless my bride for being patient enough to match things for me! ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are working it MS THANG!!!

    PS I have been banned from several sayings! Oh well, at least I'm not saying GROOVY DUDE! They probably would faint if I said anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, those tops are really great for you! You are looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I'll check them out. I have the same issue, big bust {that and I've gained 30 pounds in the last year...ugh.} I NEVER shop for me. I look like a crazy hobo following my two cute kids around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the big bust (that's the nicer name than I usually use) makes ti TOUGH to shop off the rack. Shopping can be painful! I was SO surprised that my "fix" actually accommodated it all!
      ~nancy

      Delete
  11. How fun! And you look fabulous! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely stunning... what a great idea

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is such an awesome service! I would totally do that just to avoid going to the mall with my 2 year old. He's not the best shopping partner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the mall? with kids? makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little. Ick. See another reason for Stitch Fix! So I don't say rude things to my children at the mall!
      ~nancy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011