slide show

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Keepers? (Stitch Fix #3)


After my total win on the last Stitch Fix, I had to try it again.  The box came Tuesday, and I already know that there is at least 1 item I'm keeping this go around too.  BUT I'm just not sure about the others.  Can I get your help?  Can you weigh in on anything that I really should keep?

Wait... I guess I should tell you what Stitch fix is in case you missed the first post.  It's a online styling service!  Someone actually picked out these 5 items for me!  I gave them my sizes and preferences (that one of the fun parts!) and for a $20 styling fee, they sent me 5 things to try out!  The $20 gets applied to anything I decide to purchase, and I send back what I don't want to keep in the prepaid and pre-addressed envelop they include.  No shipping or handling fees either way!  Just the $20 that gets applied to anything you keep.  I try to pass on the good stuff and this was too good not to pass on.  I'm not a rep for their company or anything like that.  I just despise the idea of going to a mall with kids (or not) and trying on clothing!  And with Stitch Fix I get to try them on with things I already have in my closet and have 3 days to decide what I want to keep!  If anyone does decide to try them out, they do give a $25 referral credit and 3 people did that (you can too!) so I was all set to try it again!  Did I mention the little styling cards?  For totally inept fashion losers like myself they really come in handy so I have a couple different way to put the look together.

Again, I'm being super duper brave and posting pics of myself.  Oh good golly... you have no idea how close I was to not posting this for a few reasons that shall go unmentioned.  But here she goes anyway!  So let me know which, if any items you think I just have to have!

Item #1
I really love the color of this top and the way it fits!  I feel like it makes me look thin, and that's worth a lot in my book!  And it's the cheapest thing in the box too!  There's ruching on the side and on the sleeves.  It's kinda a simple top, but I'm thinking it might need to be a staple in my closet.
Item #2
I really like the brand Splendid, but I've never gotten it for myself.  The fabric on this white cardigan is so soft, and I don't have anything like this in my closet.  It feels like a staple I should have hanging in my closet, but it kinda feels like it's a bit matronly.  I tried it on with several of the pieces and just couldn't seem to fall in love with it.  Sure would be nice just to throw on over top of just about everything I own though.  

Item #3
I love Stitch Fix for getting me to try on things I would never pull off the rack in the store. Way out of the box for this one, and I kinda felt a bit like Madonna in the 80's wearing it. But not in a bad way.  It's a two piece striped cami with attached net top over it.   It's fun!  But I'm not sure it does much for me.  

Item #4
I really want to love this dress.  I love casual knit dresses.  But I'm not sure about the horizontal stripes across my already ample bust line.  I mean do I need that emphasis?  I also have the problem of all the waist lines being pulled up from my larger bust.  I really liked it when I added my jean jacket like the styling card suggested, and I love the length and how the stripes in the skirt angle down on the sides.  Not sure I'd wear it to the super market or a PTO meeting though.  I'm just not sure about this one so please weigh in. Maybe it needs a belt?

Item #5
I specifically asked for a maxi dress in this fix.  They are wonderful to wear in the dessert when it's 120 degrees in the shade.  This is the most expensive item in the box.  The fabric is to die for... so soft!  But it is form fitting, and I felt pretty self conscience like I had to keep sucking it all in.  The top is your basic tank, and there is no way that I'd wear it without a jacket or something on top covering my arms.  And I'd need to hem it. 
So there you have it!  If you'd like more details on Stitch Fix, you can visit their site. And I gave quite a few more details here on my last post about it.  It was so fun waiting for my package to come in the mail, and I gave my sister-in-law a little fashion show so she could weigh in too.  But I need a few more opinions, so please leave a comment so I know what to keep and what to send back!

26 comments:

  1. Hi! I've never commented before, but always love reading your posts. First, I'd like to say that I think it's awesome how much weight you've lost! And you look great in all the pictures. I think you should definitely keep the red shirt. It makes your waist look tiny. I also liked the maxi dress. The white cardigan is too matronly and hides your nice curves.

    Celine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red shirt & white cardigan (I don't think it's matronly!). Not digging the stripe/net shirt at all. And the 2 dresses... I'm undecided. The maxi dress- I'm one who wants it all if I'm paying a lot of money for it, so if it doesn't fit quite right (i.e. needs hemmed), I'd probably return it for something else. But that's just me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coral/red top; it looks great on you! Keep it and then order those pretty turquoise earrings to wear with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red top looks amazing on you! Wish you could have it in every color! Striped dress is growing on me. It looks really cute with your denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the red top, it looks fab!! I also like the knit dress, especially with your jacket!! The others I would send back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte--The red top is SOOOOO staying! I LOVE it!

      Delete
  6. Love the red top. I do like the short dress with your jacket - but without it, I just don't care that much for. The maxi is cute, but it is very long on you and if it is too form fitting, I would be uncomfortable in it. Maybe you can find a better fit with another maxi. The rest I would send back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the red top! The maxi dress is cute, but with all those strikes against it (have to hem, would only wear with something covering your arms, feel self-conscious) maybe there's another maxi dress out there that would be a better match.
    ~ Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red top on you! It is very flattering. I also really like the maxi dress but if you don't feel comfortable in it its probably not worth the extra money. Maybe you can request another maxi dress less form fitting? It looks great on you in the photo though! I have two maxi dresses and I love them. Perfect for those summer days when I don't want to shave my legs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will request another Maxi and/or maxi skirt. good idea. I'm not giving up yet, but yes I think this one is going back even though I do like it. Maxi dresses in the summer are PERFECT!

      Delete
  9. I'd love to know the price they'd charge you for each of these items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stitch Fix lets you have input on your price point. And that helps. It isn't as cheap as Target, but the items are higher end and if I'm really gonna get some wear out of it, then I don't mind paying a bit extra. But I try to keep that in mind when I decide what to keep. I'll pm you too re the specifics.

      Delete
  10. If you don't feel rockin' in it don't keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like items number 1 because it makes you look skinny, and the same with number 5! I also like the color of 5 and think you would get a lot of use out of this item. #2 us nice, but if you don't love it then you will never wear it and that is a waste! #3 is too boxy and makes you look heavier than you are and same with 4! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cardigan and maxi dress on you. As a young person myself, I don't think the cardigan looks matronly a bit. I have several in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not commented before (besides the e-mail!). I am wondering where the rest of you went??! You look amazing! You must keep the red top, and the shorter striped dress - love it with the jacket. So cute. Not as fond of the other things. Turquoise would be a nice jewelry for the red top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok for what it's worth. Keep the Red shirt for sure! It makes you look thin and is a great color. I don't personally care for the stripe shirt and although I love the stripe dress......I think ..from one busty woman to another....it makes you look heavier. but it's so cute dang it. I'm neutral on the white sweater. The maxi dress I love and you look great in it, but if you feel self conscious you will rarely find a time you "feel" good enough to wear it. Here is a link to a really cute maxi dress! I have it and am busty. I am 5' 7" and it's a great length. http://www.jenclothing.com/mi-s1309-makenna-tealstripes.html Love the Stitch Fix updates:) so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the red top on you! Keep it!

    The sweater is cute but that's something you can pick up at Target or Kohls for a fraction of the cost and probably find a more flattering/fun fit.

    I like the striped top. It's trendy and different. I think it looks cute on you! I say keep it!

    Both dresses are cute--but if I had to choose one to keep, I'd pick the shorter one! Very cute with your jacket!!! Hold out for a maxi dress you love.

    I just requested another Stitch Fix. REALLY hope I get items as cute as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Red top is clearly covered so let's move on. Try the cardigan with a tank under it. (yes, I know how you feel about your arms but (a) you have perfectly normal arms and (b) the cardigan will cover your arms). Personally, I'd go for a black cardigan, but I don't live in the desert. Also, try it with a simple summer skirt and the tank instead of jeans. (Think movie date with the hubby-- theaters are over air conditioned. You like the sweater-- so give it a good try. It may be the white that is too matronly and not the cardigan itself so you could try another color.

    Keep the maxi dress. It looks great on you. It doesn't over emphasize your bust, it gives you a lovely, hourglass figure. That may not be what you see on the cover of magazines, but it is what actual non-photoshopped women who do not have personal trainers and people preparing careful meals for them look like. If you had a personal assistant to run your errands, field phone calls and answer your mail, a housekeeper to stock the kitchen and cook the meals, a nanny to schlep kids to and fro and read to them, an accountant to pay the electric bill... well, then you too could focus all your energy on maintaining a ridiculously fit physique. But you'd miss out on story time and snuggles and sticky-from-that-popsicle hugs. So embrace the hourglass, hem the dress, and enjoy. I'm betting hubby will love it and the print is really working for you-- you may see more curves than you'd like but no one else is going to see them.

    Send back the striped mesh two piece. I love the idea of it and it doesn't look bad, but it isn't particularly doing anything for you so it needs to go back.

    I really want the short dress to work but the pulled up waist just isn't working for me. It needs to go back but if you could get something similar... maybe a top and skirt that look like a dress when you put them on? (So the waist stays where you want it) The length is super cute and I love the neck line on you (particularly under the jeans jacket), so keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep item 1 and 5..... the others are doing nothing for your figure and your color..... (just my opinion....)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the last dress. It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the red top! Plus you can never have too much red.

    Have you ever shopped from ThredUp? It's an online consignment shop. I've bought for both me and the kids. A few weeks ago my little man needed black skinny jeans for a school performance. As a friend of mine said, don't they know a husky can't wear skinny jeans? Anyhow, I found the jeans, which we all know he'll only wear the 1x for less than $4. Soon my lucky nephew will be the proud owner of the skinny jeans.

    You might try taking some of the styling tips from StitchFix and shopping ThredUp. Just saying! (Email me if you want a referral link!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of it, Jessica! I'm going to look into it! I do a fair amount of shopping for the kiddos on ebay too.

      Delete
  20. The red top, the short striped dress and the white jacket would look great over the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you decide to keep the tart geo dress? I got the same one in my stitchfix but I can't decide whether or not to keep it. I blogged it so you can see what I look like in it to help me decide O_O

    http://www.whoamaria.com/2013/07/my-first-stitch-fix.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the items in your Stitch Fix. That red top looks fantastic on you, and looks like it was made for you!

    I really enjoyed reading your blog. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011