slide show

Monday, July 1, 2013

A work in progress


Taking a break from the Pow Wow for a moment...

Anyone remember this post?  Or this one?  Man that was hard to post.  My dirty not-so-little secret that is SO easy not to reveal in a blog.  See... there just won't be any pictures of me, at least not any ones without my children cleverly placed in front of me to shield my shame.

Yep, I've been on a diet for 8 months now.  That's a long time.
Call it a diet or a life style change.  I called it time and really stinking necessary.

And it has slowly been working.  To date I've lost 56 pounds.  Not that I'm counting or anything.  I'm still not done yet either and that part is shameful.  That I let my weight get so high that I could lose 56 pounds and still not be done.  Mentally there is still much work to be done too.  I'll need keep making tough choices for the rest of my life, or I'll be right back were I started.  Not a shocker to anyone who has carried around a few extra lbs, taking it off it hard work!  And as a weight loss buddy recently reminded me, so is being fat.  It's all hard.

For those that might want a little encouragement from someone who has SO been there...

---Just start. You have to want to lose weight more than you want that piece of cake, bag of m&ms, bagel, pancakes, nibble of your children's uneaten french fries, bowl of pasta, brownies, potato chips... just start now.
---I will not deprive myself of my favorites forever.  But I WILL deprive myself of them right now to get to my goal.  Then I plan to ration them forever.
---The amount of exercise it takes to burn off those 2 slices of pizza just isn't worth it.  I mean 1 full hour of jogging to burn it off?  I can't even jog for 10 minutes!  It's SO much easier just not to eat it in the first place.  For me, weight loss has been 80% diet and 20% exercise.
---I know what works, eating less.  It's not rocket science gals!  Implementing that, however, is likely one of the hardest things I've ever done in my entire life.
---My support group.  That amazing group of ladies that I talked about in both those posts linked above.  I do think they have been a huge contributor to my success this time. 24/7 I can talk to them.  I try to be really open and honest about my failures.  Confession has really helped me.  They pick me up and urge me to try again.  And they have the same successes and failures too.  Together we have lost over 289 lbs!  And we're committed to sticking with each other at least for another 6 months, hopefully longer if I can talk them into it.

Because of my recent success, I'm doing a few thing differently these days. Buying clothes off the rack.  Showing my arms.  Putting my shoulders back a little more.

And...
... posting a picture of myself without any children to hide behind.  Yep, I'm still seeing every single wrinkle, roll, and fault, but it's better, and I'm a work in progress.
And that makes it possible.

ps--Like my top?  Me too!  For the first time in a long time, it's not an XL.  Can't wait to tell you where I got it next!

pps--We're looking for 5 more gals (only 5) who want to join our cyber-weight-loss group.  I'll take the first 5 that contact me.  You must REALLY want to make a change now commit to weight loss.  You must be willing to commit for a full 12 months.  You must be willing to be real, and actively participate in the group, supporting others and reaching out for help when you need it.

ppps--I have the 5 ladies already and am working n contacting you!

30 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE your top and motivation. I am so in for the weight loss group!!!! Hope there is not age requirement, just hard work right? I am more into working out to tone, but weight does come off. But we can talk about that more once I am in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you email or Facebook me, Please?
      nancyvnjourney@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. You look awesome & should be proud of yourself.
    Keep rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Girl you look AHHHHHHMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are stunning! Congratulations!!! :) I too would absolutely love to join the cyber group. I am currently in the process of dropping some weight and would enjoy the additional support. Is this the only contact I need to do to let you know or do I need to email you too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you email or Facebook me please?
      nancyvnjourney@hotmail.com

      Delete
  5. Yay Nancy!!! You look gorgeous!!! Way to go!
    Sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look amazing - you've always been beautiful inside and out but now you look healthier and more radiant than ever! Great job - keep it up! What an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Can you share some of your meals and recipes for your diet? Are you eating many small meals throughout the day? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look totally gorgeous! 10 years younger! I am jealous, but I am trying. I know what to do - just gotta do it. It is far more about health with me than the looks part, although that would be nice, too! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa mama! You are GORGEOUS! And good for you on all that work, seriously amazing! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, I have always admired you for your commitment to motherhood and your happy marriage. And now I admire you for having done something that is SO hard... lose a lot of weight. You look so beautiful! I am sorry to see that you feel ashamed that you have more to go. People gain weight because life happens, people have different metabolisms, are busy with SEVEN kids, serve kid friendly food, don't have time for exercise, etc. Please DON'T be ashamed that you have more to lose, just be proud of what you have done!! I hope you will give us some advise about how you were successful. (So sorry you have filled your quota... would love to have joined you this time!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindy-- thank you so much. For me, keeping it real has been a HUGE part of my success. I spent decades pretending it wasn't a big deal, decades being absorbed in children and life as it packed on, all the while being a poor role model for my chilren. So keeping it real about the last 15 lbs is important to keep me going. I am VERY proud at how far I've come, but fully aware that keeping it off will be the hardest part of the battle.
      Advice---not sure I'm qualified. That being said, there are a million and one tricks/fads/diets to try and we ALL know what works... eat less. That is the number one thing I've done. It's easy in theory and HARD in practice. and do it now. Not tomorrow.

      Delete
  11. You look like your daughters! NO NEED to hide now.....or ever.......BUT.....you look amazing:) I for one KNOW how hard it is to lose.....how easily it creeps back.....but how MUCH I hate being over the weight I want to be. Good for you for your HARD work!! LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Losing 56 pounds is a great accomplishment, and it's a big motivation for ME. I need to lose a little over that much (I just started my "diet" and "workout" routine about a month ago), so keep up YOUR hard work, because you're making a difference!!!
    Thanks for that,
    Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You, my dear, are uh-mazing. And you look equally uh-mazing too. Congrats on such a huge, huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great!! Very nice post, very encouraging, and very inspiring. I'm currently trying to lose 10 lbs (have lost 5 so far). It sounds so easy, but it takes dedication. Good luck with the last 15 and thanks for sharing. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great, keep at it and know you'll never be perfect but you can get to perfectly happy! =) Stopping by from Mommy Mingle!

    Stephanie
    BeeTreeStudios.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! You look great! Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look amazing!! I have started to say to myself....is it worth it?? Love the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You look great! Congrats on sticking to it...you a really getting some great results. Keep it up.

    I'm here from the Mommy Mingle Blog Hop 2, and I'm Following you on Bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Nancy, you look AMAZING! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I only have time to drop by once in a blue moon, but you have motivated me! You look great! Off to start losing 20 lbs. stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I've stalled out lately. I NEED to get serious again. It's TOUGH work!!!
      nancy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011