slide show

Monday, June 3, 2013

That much better


Is there anything better than children at play?  
I wanna learn how to play more like this.  When did I forget?  Was I 7 years old?  Or 10?  Or when it when I got the loan for my first car or had children of my own?  When did it all become so serious that I forgot how throw inhibition to the wind and be a crowned ninja prince in battle with my arch enemy Honja the crowned ninja prince from the rivaling country of Esopat?
Newly anointed in their freshly made crowns, Tess and Jude were raring to try them out.  Complete with pillow cases for capes and Nerf swords and the battle soon commenced.   The palo verde trees were in full bloom and created an amazing yellow backdrop.  I could not resist taking the photos.  
And when the battle was over, (I have no clue who actually won!) they laid down in the sun, side by side. The sun was warm.  The grass beneath us.  My children were happy.  I thought it was the most perfect moment that ever existed.  

But then she laid her head down on his shoulder and sighed...

...and it got that much better. 


12 comments:

  1. Love this post, Nancy! And the costumes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.... swoon... they are perfect! And that finish!

    We lose so much as we grow up. Play, self confidence... we really need to hang onto those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! That last picture... priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, too adorable! I love it all. We use blankets for capes but I never thought of how much easier pillow cases would work! thank you! You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Shecki! I think that last one is going on the wall somewhere!

      Delete
  6. i hate you that last show was so good. in a sisterly, jealous kind of hate. you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love their energy, exuberance, & imagination. but especially love their love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAH - all I can think of that fits - it just don't get any better than that!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011