slide show

Friday, May 3, 2013

Hatteras, NC

I am here.
My me-vacation.  
My "me-cation."
The women. 
The woman talk.
A glass of wine.
The sounds of the waves and the gulls.  
Missing my true love.
Missing my littles and my bigs of course, but loving the missing of them more.
What was I thinking all those years of not wanting to get away?
Letting the guilt and the what if's not let me go?

There's something wonderful that happens with the passing of the years.  
The gap that separates you from your parents starts to dwindle until the divide melts away, and suddenly you find yourself true friends with your parents.  With my mom.  The fact that my mom is only 15 years older than me helped speed up that process.  So when they invited me to go with them, my mom and her childhood friends, women that have seen me grow since I was 4 years old, when they invited me on their girl-trip, I was amazed thankful that these women, are now my friends too.  
Another unexpected blessing to aging.  

I'll share more later.  Maybe.  
But I'm loving just being for a few days and finding myself.  Rejuvenating and the proverbial "filling up my cup" to come back renewed.   
The sand and the beach and the sun are calling my name.  As are my friends.  
And it is good.
ps-I'm over on Instagram posting more current pics to keep the kiddos updated.  Join me there @ nancyvnjourney, if you like.
  

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011