slide show

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Friday afternoons


On Friday afternoons, we often find ourselves outside passing time in our front yard, playing in the grass, and watching for Papa's car to drive down our road and come home from work.  We fill the driveway with artwork, practice doing somersaults, water the plants, or blow bubbles.  
Or all of the above.
  
This Friday was just like that.  

And I wonder if these will be the things that I miss most when they are grown and gone.  
...G, H, I, J, K, L, N, W, O...
My favorite plant ever.  
The tomatoes are coming along nicely!
Surely you recognize this superhero
How is it, with a house full of toys, that water bottles still one of the best toys ever?
The victorious bubble blower!  Such joy in achievement when you're 3 years old.
Yes, I think they will.  


8 comments:

  1. I listened to the laughter and silliness of my five playing around together yesterday and felt my heart squeeze just a little bit. But I comfort myself with hopefully having grand babies nearby to relive all of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of being able to capture moments like this in pictures, but until then I hope I remember to take the time to appreciate the specialness of the ordinary. Thanks for pointing that out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple Friday Afternoon.. the best moments in life, captured, never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the simple times that are the best - fun to be had just playing with what's at hand - wonderful!! (And it's not warm enough to get tomato plants in the ground much less have green ones yet!! ;) )

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are just amazing as the fact that NO BUBBLE SOLUTION WAS SPILLED!! Love your snippets of "KID LIFE"!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011