slide show

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Family Faves {Fruit infused water}

In an effort to pass on the good stuff, and as a jump start to summer...
Fruit water.
Or watery fruit.
Of fruit infused water.
Or a liquidy fruity stuff.
Or homemade mix-it-up drink.
Or infused mix-in-fruit and herbs liquid.
Or fruit infused mix-it-ups.
Or natural watery stuff.
Or natural fruit infused liquid with herbs.
Or liquid fruit water with fruit mixed in and some water.
Or how I'm enjoying my afternoon today.
Or just plain ol' yum!
A couple gals in my awesome weight-loss group (which is helping produce some wonderful results for yours truly albeit slowly but surely, by the way!) recommend this to increase water intake and get rid of sodas, and I have been hooked ever since!  My creations include blackberry mint, mango strawberry, and today is blackberry tangerine.  Honestly I just throw in whatever fruits I have on hand.  Recipe?  Who need a stinkin' recipe!  It does help if one has mint growing out front, especially if one is a mint addict.

I make them 2 at a time in quart jars, put the lid on, and let them "steep" in the fridge over night for tomorrow or the next day, (if they last that long.)

I can't wait to give watermelon a try.
Anyone else wanna recommend other good combinations?

ps-more family favorite recipes are listed by clicking here.

pps-yes, shockingly this conservative gal has toe rings.  And is in desperate need of a pedicure.  And didn't apply lotion today.  Welcome to my world.

15 comments:

  1. Strawberry and basil.. My fave..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ren... are you quite sure about the basil? Don't get me wrong. I love basil. But I'm just not sure. It's growing right along side the mint, so it's totally possible. But hmmmmmmm...
      N

      Delete
    2. Totally! I was skeptical too :)

      Delete
  2. Grapefruit and basil !! yes to the basil LOVE it - it also makes a great martini!! Not so good for the diet but .....
    Also blueberry and mint with a little lime. Strawberry and lemon. And I agree cucumber with or without lime is SO refreshing !!! Reading this back I guess I am a fan if adding citrus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blueberry mint lime.. that is SO happening tomorrow!!! I'm drooling already.
      And okay, I'll try the basil. Sweet basil, yes?

      Delete
  3. Yes ! You don't need much - it's more about the smell more than the taste! You could do one or two leaves floating on top. The rest of the fruit flavors the water and the aroma of the basil adds something refreshing.
    I have worked in a spa for 14 years - we like to try all kinds of stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, OK, you've convinced me that I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any of the above as a base for vodka....I'm.just.sayin'....;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No lotion or polish, but I'm impressed that your legs are shaved! The weather isn't warm enough yet here in New England to remove the winter's growth, but capri and shorts weather is coming...hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to try this...and toe rings sound painful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mint Basil Gelato (From the Bistro in Fort Bragg)... I wonder if Mint Basil water would be good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do that too! Except I found an awesome BIG beverage dispenser that looks like a big mason jar at Pottery Barn a while back (on sale of course- we have a great outlet up the road) and I fill it with water, ice and fruit on a daily basis. Sure helps my water intake too and with six kiddos to care for, I often forget to take a drink. Since its on the counter, I can just walk by and refill my cup. I like lemons and oranges best, but apples and strawberries is fun too. Cucumber and mint is crisp and cool too! So many combinations you really can't go wrong. And it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to try this. You make it look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011