slide show

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Crazy 9 Highlights {This & that}

This:
After a family funeral in February in Iowa, Papa and I have 2 more funerals to attend, one tomorrow on Friday and the other on Monday.  Both for women who died of cancer, (one breast and the other kidney cancer) and both who died WAY to young.  Don't even get me going on the loss.  It's just not right.  Or fair.  And I won't even try to figure out God's plan on this one.  It just didn't make sense for either of these beautiful women both who fought like hell to deal with what they were given, only to loose in the end.  And sometimes in the very end, death is far from a calm passing.  And that fact is also lost on me.  I am overjoyed that are both at peace after their years of struggle and in Heaven and the good Lord with them.
We'll split the funerals.  Papa will go to one, and I'll go to another.

That:
Looking for your experiences and challenges on raising teenagers.   I think there's a blog post in the making.  I'll keep it all anonymous.  Coincidentally (divinely?) I have engaged in conversations with 3 women is just as many days about the trials of parenting teenagers and how we as parents aren't talking about it.  How it can really really be a struggle and hurt.  Please email me if you'd like to share your challenges.  Whether or not you've come out the other side, doesn't matter.  Please change the names.  I think we need to share for the betterment of the village.

This:
On Monday I'm leaving on a little me-vacation, (as I'm calling it.)  I've never done this before.  This going away with just me and leaving the remainder of my family behind.  I'm going away with just a few ladies, (my mom invited me!) and flying clear across the country to the Outter Banks!  The beach.  The sand.  The un-harried life of book reading while sipping an umbrella drink, and wiggling your toes in the sand.
Me!
I'm going!
I am racked simultaneously with guilt and worry and giddiness and excitement.  Will they actually get their hair brushed before getting on the bus?  Should I buy a new hat for the beach?  What if a crisis arises and I'm not here to race to the ER?  What book should I read?  What if I die on the plane and leave them as orphans... again?  Should I go carry on or check my suitcase?  Will Papa remember to chill their water bottles?
I'll be checking in periodically, but honestly  I need some me time.  Parenting and life in general have been exhausting as of late.  I'm looking forward to being with my mom, (how old are you when you stop needing your mom, btw?  I'm still not there.) taking photos in a whole new setting, and coming home with a rejuvenated spirit.

That:
In light of the aforementioned "me-vacation," I'm looking for 2-3 folks to do a guest post here on Ordinary Miracles.  It's a great way to expand your own readership and share some good stuff with a whole new audience.  Yes, you can cross post on your own blog.  No, I don't pay anything.  Yes, it needs to be a topic that is something similar to what I already share here, parenting, recipes, marriage, adoption, special needs, seeing the ordinary miracles in life... No, it shouldn't be something you've posted in the past.   New content only please. Yes, it has to be  your original work and would be peachy if it had at least 1 photo.
Please email me your blog address and idea, and I'll get back to you.  We'll have to work quickly because as usual I've put this off to the last moment.

This:
Mimi's favorite movie by far is Tangled.  Recently she has gone to carrying a frying pan around all the time.  It's a little metal frying pan from IKEA, but metal like I said.  When she gets ticked off at her siblings, she now pops them upside the head with it.  Many 'o times, I'm in the kitchen or another room to hear the familiar sound of metal on cranium followed immediately by shrieking.  Seriously, frying pans.  Who knew?

That:
It has been so long since I've posted Crazy 9 Highlights that the last time I did it they were called Crazy 8 Highlights!  You know I can't leave you without at least one pic that is totally unrelated to anything.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy thanks for stopping by my page, so I could discover your amazing page and story. I'm sorry to hear about all the loss you're dealing with, I hope you have fun on your mini vacation. It's always good to get away for a short time. I look forward to reading more of your story, and getting to know you.

    Life with RA is a Pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm tempted to offer to do a guest blog post, but I have to think of a great idea. And I guess you need to know really quickly. I'll see if anything comes to me soon. So sorry for your losses. And I'm jealous of your break and time with your mom. It sounds so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy I am so happy you are getting away!!! If I ever tried to do all that you do I would be taking vacations every other week:) I hope you have an amazing trip and I look forward to hearing about it. Very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trip.. what... when.. but the kids... and the house... oh my. Dear Lord please help me next week and protect my wonderful bride as she travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait... did I forget to tell you? Was I contemplating sneaking off in the middle of the night? Hmmmmmm
      Luv you. Thank you for affording me this,
      me

      Delete
    2. Great stuff Nancy - good catch up on "this and that"! I'm sure that Papa will do fine - we guys really are more capable than we try to let on!! ;)

      Concerning the loss of your friends - it's never fair - or understandable...we'll hold them and you in our thoughts and prayers!

      And finally - enjoy the break - come back refreshed - and maybe make sure the frying pan is aluminum - hurts less than iron~!! ;)

      aus and co.

      Delete
  5. I have wanted to do a post inspired by a quote you had in your blog about a year ago, something like, out of every mother a new woman emerges (too busy to go searching for the exact wording). I am having a bit of an identity crisis, moving from that stage of being a stay at home mom of babies to a working mom of independent preschoolers and I love it and I hate it... and I want to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvia--Would you email me? I'm not sure how to get in touch with you. Would love to have you as a guest here!
      nancy

      Delete
  6. I would love to do a guest blog post :) Just an amateur blogger at the moment but I love sharing stories, ideas and just simply, thoughts for a better world :)

    You said it could be something about being able to see the ORDINARY miracles of life?

    I would like to share a story - my story - of how touching actions from absolute strangers helped to create a ordinary miracle (something others may have brushed off or taken for granted) but meant the world to me.

    Also, I typed my idea out but it is not allowing me to publish, and tells me that it is too long...Would it be alright for me to tell you my idea via email? I have only recently started blogging, am pretty shy and would rather share the idea via email if you don't mind... in case you decide not to use it :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosalyia--I don't have any way to get in touch with you. Could you please email me?
      nancy
      nancyvnjourney@hotmail.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011