slide show

Thursday, March 7, 2013

functioning at 33 1/3

This is our current reality.  
A cacophony of coughs.  
We've given up on tissues and now have rolls of tp strew through the house for all to use.  Not to mention the used tissues that I seem to be disposing of 24/7. We all have it.  Mimi the worst.  Poor baby sounds so croupy and isn't sleeping hardly.  I'm a close second.  Homes just don't function well without the mama.  It's a merry-go-round of  middle-of-the-night wakings, quick trips to the nurses office, drug dispensing, and trips to the pharmacy.  We're functioning at 33 and a 1/3 around here these days, (and if you get that reference it's a high 5 to you sista' for being at least as old as me!)

Lucky for us, it's just a cold.  We'll get over it.

9 comments:

  1. Sista? What about brudda? ;) And it's OK to run at 33 1/3 as long as you ain't a 45! (and yeah - I remember them with either the insert to fit on the skinny spike OR the big thing that fit on the skinny spike so you didn't need the insert!)

    Feel better - lemon and honey (and maybe some whiskey for the bigger folk. No medical value - but - it might make you not care so much!!)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey brudda! I thought of you as I typed it. Brudda just doesn't have the same street hood ring does it?!
      Livin' on lemon and honey hot water,
      nancy

      Delete
  2. I get the reference ;) I also have the cold.. However, I only have one kid and she's 16 so she can take care of the house and get herself to school.. Hope you are all well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you and your COUGHING CREW...get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all get better soon! I see beautiful smiles in the background, so it can't be all horrible-ness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're sick. But can I say that I love that you took a picture of it and such a cute one at that.

    Try adding a little grated ginger to your lemon/honey water. It works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( yucko! Not fun at all to have sick kiddos.. and a sick Mama is NOT a good thing at all!! Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying you all feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011