slide show

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Before and after editing


Any more takers for my Lightroom 101 class?  I have about 10 more spaces available!

You do not have to purchase Lightroom to participate!
Go ahead and wear your holey black yoga pants and come during nap time or late at night.  I know I will!
Learn from other students on the forum, see what questions they ask, and get feedback!
Just roll over this photo of our superheroes to see what it looked like before I edited in Lightroom-
For all the details of the class click here.
Start date is coming up soon on April 1!

Here's a look at what Lightroom 101 covers:
---How to download and organize your photos
---Step by step instructions for completing a quick clean edit
---Using tools to selectively edit areas of your image, including brightening eyes,

    smoothing skin, and remove blemishes
---Converting your photos to black & white
---An introduction to the magic of presets and how to install, use, and 

    create your own
---How to save your newly-edited photographs
---The ease of taking your photo(s) from Lightroom to Photoshop and back in one 

    quick click
---Creating and using watermarks


And here's just a little more of what I do with Lightroom.  Roll over the photo to see the image  just as it came out of the camera and before editing.
Here is what a prior student had to say about the class-
I was an absolute beginner with Lightroom and I feel like I have learned to much!   The lessons are short and concise and the combination of written lessons and video lessons makes it very easy to learn.  Nancy is excellent with offering constructive feedback and lots of encouragement of each photo.  The entire class has been a very fun learning experience and I have taken several photos that I liked and turned them into photos that I LOVE!  Thanks for you wonderful, easy to follow teaching, Nancy!      ~Erin M. 

The 5-week course is $119.  Leave a comment here or forward an email (with your email address) if you're interested or need a bit more info.

 I would love to have you with us and show you how to edit your own photos in an easy and efficient way!

16 comments:

  1. Love the before & after photos.
    Do you have to have a "fancy" camera to take the class?
    I just bought a Canon Powershot SX 260 HS.

    My husband has an old Canon Rebel which is working half heartedly, although I really don't know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne- You can edit pictures taken from any source. I've edited pics from my point-n-shoot, pictures taken in the 70's and 80's, and even pics taken with my cell phone! It probably goes without saying that the better the image is to begin with, the better it will be after editing.
      So no, you don't have to have a fancy camera to take the class. I've seen good images taken with a point-n-shot get even better with Lightroom editing.
      I don't have your email address and can't reply to this message. Hope you're able to see it here.
      Give me a holler if you'd like to sign up.
      nancy

      Delete
  2. As one of Nancy's past students - if you are on the fence, GO FOR IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, will you have this class again? I really want to take it but have a house remodel going on and my house is in utter chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley--- I THINK I will offer it again this summer (July maybe?) but I'm not positive. It all depends on if there is enough interest. If you'd like to forward me your email address, I'll let you know when it's coming for sure.
      nancy

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you are offering this, Nancy. I would love to take your class one of these days - love your photography and your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say when, Lisa. For you, the moon. Hope you're feeling better.
      nancy

      Delete
  5. I can't do it right now (too much craziness at the moment), but I'd love to know if you offer it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren-I have you email address already. I'll be sure to email you if I do another class this summer.
      Thx for the interst!
      nancy

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Carol,
      Thanks for the suggestion, but I use Lightroom for 95% of my editing and spend very little time in Photoshop. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Photoshop Elements too. It's just I'm super busy and most of what I do to do a clean edit can be accomplished much faster and easier in Lightroom. I do have a source to recommend for a PS class though if you want to go that route. Give me a holler and I'll pass it on.
      nancy

      Delete
  7. I would also be VERY interested in a summer class (or two if you decide to do something in a level 2 dslr-ish kinda deal--like lighting, composition, kinda stuff) :) Hugs! I will be watching for the sign up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, if you'd like to forward me your email address, I'd be more than happy to notify you of a summer class. I'm not sure it's going to happen but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
      Thx for the awesome encouragement!
      nancy

      Delete
  8. It won't let me respond to your message above but you already have my email. A July class would be great because that's my birthday- maybe I could talk my hubby into getting me that for my gift! =) I really would love to take your class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am interested! :)
    Can you Email me details!

    Brittanyrichey122@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011