slide show

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wordless Wednesday {CNY celebration}

Our 3rd annual CNY open house was held last weekend.  We had a wonderful steady stream and family and wonderful friends coming and going all day.  It was my personal objective to  feed all of them Viet and Chinese fare until their tummies burst.
On the menu this year was

Phở Gà
Gỏi Cuốn (Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll)
Bò Lá Lốt (Grilled Beef Wrapped in Grape Leaves)
Bánh mì (Vietnamese sandwich)
Bò Kho (Vietnamese beef stew)
Char siu bao (Chinese barbecue pork-filled bun) 
Coconut pastries
Fortune cookies
I didn't really take many photos 'cause I was quite busy with that aforementioned food objective and being a hostess to 30-ish people.
The kiddos making spring rolls that I mentioned in yesterday's post.
Grammy helping Mimi open her red envelope
But after it was all over, I did snap a few pics of the littles in their silks.

Chúc Mừng Năm Mới! (Vietnamese)
新年快乐! (Chinese)
Happy New Year! (English)

and happy Valentine's Day too!

10 comments:

  1. I love the way Mimi is looking at your dad. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family, and a beautiful post! I am so glad that I found your blog recently!

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/02/wordlesswednesday-when-mamas-sick-w.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the party of the year!
    Love the littles in their silk dresses.
    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you are making me hungry! The menu sounds amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutly LOVE this!

    Gung Hey Fat Choy! (Pinyin for 新年快乐!)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, all that food. <3

    And the gorgeous pics!! I love how all of your photos tell a story. I also love when you post photos of your dad. I only imagine his deep yet kind voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a post coming of him and Livy working on a special project! I just need a couple more pics that he is going to forward me. He is a very special man.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011