slide show

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lightroom Love

Can we talk about Lightroom for just a minute?

I've done editing with Photoshop.  And I like it.  I like it a lot!  The possibilities with Photoshop are seemingly endless!  But let me tell you, I have a life.  I have children.  I have 4 loads of laundry to do today, and dinner to make, and I just didn't have the time to do seemingly endless edits!

Introduce Lightroom.  Hello Lover!  Hello life!  And in that moment, I discovered that I could have both!  I could manage and edit my photos and still have time in my day to make dinner and play with my children!

Honestly, without Lightroom, I don't think I would take photographs regularly.  I just wouldn't have the time. Honestly.

Now don't get me wrong.  I still like Photoshop, and I still regularly use it.  And that's another amazing thing about Lightroom... it's so easy to go back and forth and use both of these wonderful programs!  But if I'm doing plain ol' editing for my everyday photos, which is what I do 95% of the time, Lightroom is where it's at!  It's fast.  It's editing options are way more than enough!   It provides a format to keep all my digital files organized.  It allows me to edit a whole group of photos all at one time.  And it's crammed packed full of time-saving shortcuts.  Who doesn't want to save some time?!

Can you tell I kinda like it!  A lot!

My best recommendation... if you're just starting out with photography and/or editing, start with Lightroom and get the basics of editing.  Then if you want to do fancy schmancy stuff, feel free and tack on Photoshop after you know how to do a clean edit of your images in Lightroom.  Like I said, working with both is easy peasy!  Honestly, I think you might be amazed at how much Lightroom does offer!  It is very possible you may not want more.

But wait, there's more!

Adobe let's you try it out Lightroom for FREE for 30 days to decide for yourself if you like it before you buy it!  Free?  Oh yea baby!  Just my price range.  Click here to get the details on the free trial.

But there is a bit of a learning curve to learn the essentials of Lightroom.  Guarantee, this little bit of time invested in learning the program will save you so much time in the long run.  And I would love love love to help you with that part too!

To be continued...

{ps-I am in no way affiliated with or getting compensation from Adobe or Lightroom.  But I kinda wish I was.  Hello Adobe?  Do you hear me?  Adobe doesn't even know my name.  Lightroom would never ever send me a birthday card.  I just like it that much, and I love to pass on the good stuff.}

10 comments:

  1. I'm in!!!! so needing a class on this, I love lightroom but would love to really know how to us it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sign up is coming soon, I promise. So nervous and excited at the same time about putting it out there. Sign up will be first come first serve. Space will be limited so I can help all with questions, and if it fills up, I'll offer it again!

      Delete
  2. Whooa NELLY!! Now this is what I'm talking about!!! I'm in TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh... I was just looking into purchasing LR yesterday. I might just have to take the plunge. At the moment I just have PSE. I'm going to have to download the free trial for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippie yonkers! I am so excited to read this post. I told my husband I wanted the nifty fifty and Lightroom for my birthday in a couple of weeks. I had only read about it. I have never personally heard from a real person about Lightroom. Now, I hope I can sleep while I wait for my day to arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank YOU! Exactly what I need. Class soon please!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those who are looking.. Nancy suggested it to me long ago and I bought it.. I love what I have been able to do (and look forward to learning more)... when pricing it, make sure to look at their pricing options.. they offer a teacher/student discount.. check and see if you qualify!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if it's okay to spam your post or not, so, Nancy, feel free to delete if you like, but our family is fundraising for our adoption with a photography workshop offered here: http://shootmykidsworkshop.com/?p=267 Please use family code BLESSED if you sign up! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son, who is a professional photographer, mostly uses Lightroom and only uses Photoshop for a few details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy - great post - but still got to say that all the PS or LR in the world won't make up for you 'eye'! ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011