slide show

Monday, February 4, 2013

going home

I'm lucky enough that I live 90 minutes from my hometown and the house I grew up in.  90 minutes from my parents.  So I spent this weekend at my childhood home.  Something I don't do nearly often enough.  Sometimes a gal just needs to go home.  You know what I mean?
So I took a buddy, Tess, and we drove home with my father.
My parents spent the weekend spoiling Tess and me.  I slept in.  My father made us pancakes and papaya smoothies.  And my mom gave me her slippers to wear and washed my dishes.  And the thought of being spoiled for a couple days makes me cry.
And as much as I didn't want to leave on Sunday morning... I was missing the chaos.  Missing my loves.
So my mom drove me home.  And there was a time when I wasn't in either my childhood home or my now home, and missing both at the same time.
And again, I am reminded how very blessed I am.

If you're following me on Instagram (@nancyvnjourney), you've already seen several of these.  Sorry for the repetition.

12 comments:

  1. Is nice to be spoiled isn't it? Looks like you had a great time!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. I wish I could go home for the weekend. I have some close seconds... my sister's, a family friend.. but it's not the same! It looks like you and Tess had a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live so far away from where I grew up. Going home is one of the best things, ever. Sounds like you had a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to go home... I don't know what it's like to miss home since I live next door to my parents but the thought of it makes me a little bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me!! Your photography is more than worth VIEWING only once!!! There is truly NOTHING like home! Just this weekend 2 of my kids came home and I was up fixing a FULL COURSE BREAKFAST and making sure EVERYTHING was just right!! It's truly nothing like having your KIDS come HOME!! They equally get excited when we visit them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love being spoiled......it happens so rarely:) Nothing like your mom doing the dishes, and taking care of the kids while you sleep in! Ahhhh.....makes me homesick:) LOVE your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that the "photo gene" runs in the family - that's too cool - and don't ever loose the ability to "go home". I so wish we could - but because of attitude and issues beyond our control I don't know that it will ever be the case again...couldn't be any more happy for you!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the photography gene certainly does run in the fam. More to come. My father's cameras are true beauties!
      nancy

      Delete
  8. Oh, jealous! For lots of reasons! what a special weekend for you and Tess! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great! And that Tess got you all to herself...she must have been in heaven! My how tall she seems to have grown in that photo with the tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having Tess all to myself all weekend was a special treat too! Definitely going to try to do it more often... if the hubs says it's okay.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011