slide show

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reading in the dark

Mimi is simply infatuated with her big sister.  She watches Tess with wide eyes, literally follows her every move, and mimics every word.  And Tess, formerly the baby of the family, even if it was only by 28 days, is soaking in her new role as big sister, teacher, guidance counselor, and playmate. If Tess dons her super cape and becomes Fire Dog, Mimi must also wear her super cape and becomes Electric Girl.  If Tess is feeding her babies, Mimi runs to get hers and together they prepare a plastic meal.  When Tess gets angry, Mimi too sulks for no reason other than her beloved sister is doing it too.
Tonight, they two were playing with the best Christmas present they got.  From Granna they got headlamps.
And after we put them in their jammies...
...and said prayers...
...and after we tucked them in, and turned off the light...
...we came back and found them together like this.
And my heart is full.  
Wanna meet some neat people?  Go here and look around.
Linking with Simple things Sunday & Sunday Snapshot.  

24 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I wish I had one of those lights when I was a kid, especially when my mom would tell me to turn off my light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet, sweet girls! Love the headlamp lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it goes without saying that I'm in love with these images. Firstly...because I love the relationship between these two precious girls of yours. Secondly, I am IN LOVE with high contrast, dramatic images these days. Light surrounded by dark. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Nancy...these images are priceless! :) Thanks for linking up with the simple things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following my blog, I'm now following you! What lovely pictures of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's too many images here to find favourites from - my goodness - they're all so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures. Love the bond they share. Lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with these pics. You remind me what a blessing it is to be a mommy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sweet comment:)

    xoxo_Laila

    http://www.townhousepalette.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love! I love the love and adoration Mimi has for Tess, and the love Tess has for Mimi. I love the growth Tess has had in becoming a big sister, and the chances she has to be a leader. I love that they are being "naughty" in reading after the lights out, but are doing it together.. and that their rule breaking shows a love of books (and headlamps, cause those are just awesome), and that the "naughtiness" was documented for future remembering.

    And that doesn't even tough the awesomeness of your photography work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the forth pic of mimi looks so much like janie that I asked john david and he said " is that not her?" crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really those two girl could be sisters!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for joining the blog hop! Followed back:)
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this series of pictures! I love capturing the precious sibling moments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah - hard to get "fussy" with them about not going to sleep when there's so much love going on! ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just went through your blog, and it contains such beautiful pictures, thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    -Rekita
    LovelyArmyWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! These are just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a precious moment captured between two precious sisters!! LOVE!!

    *Would love to know where "Granna" found those headlamps* AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, I'm not sure where she got them. But I have seen them on Amazon before. And at REI. They are not specifically for children.

      Delete
  18. You are an amazing photographer! I love your photos and those two cuties are so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011